Our client owns a luxurious property within a beautiful acreage of land situated in Laikipia.
They are looking for a Camp Manager to help in the running of lodge.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct, coordinate and oversee the day-to-day operations of the camp.
- Production and submission of weekly and monthly management reports on all aspects of running the lodge.
- Handle staff grievances and ensure all staff comply with company’s code of conduct and company policies and procedures
- Ensure all staff are managed in compliance with the company’s Human Resource policies and the Kenyan labour law
- Maintain a high standard of morale and motivation through good communication skills, enthusiasm and respect
- Keep abreast of all changes in company policies
- Ensure all new staff are given correct paperwork, adequate housing, bedding, crockery, cutlery and uniform
- Organise duty and leave rosters ensuring that there are sufficient staff to cover all duties, particularly during peak business periods
- Work closely with accounts to control costs, adhere to budgets and set goals for the oncoming year
- Regular communication with reservations, accounts, marketing and purchasing departments
- Update reservations board, and inform staff of any changes
- Management of weekly repairs and maintenance, food and beverage orders and supplies to the lodge, via the head office
- Supervise monthly stock takes of all departments, to make sure that operating equipment is sufficient
- Ensure the company complies will all relevant legislation and regulations in Kenya
- Marketing of the Lodge through regular social media contributions e.g. blogs, newsletters, image and wildlife sighting database
- Record all incidents with staff and guests in log book for insurance purposes
- Work closely with head mechanic to ensure that fleet of vehicles is kept in the best possible condition
- Ensure that accurate records are kept by the mechanics and office administrator
- Work closely with head of maintenance to ensure that the lodge as a whole compound is operating effectively and is regularly maintained
- Supervise on-going upkeep of grounds and building e.g. masonry, carpentry, painting, electrical work
Person Specification and Qualifications
- Self-driven individuals with stamina and a mentality to produce professional standards in a challenging remote environment
- Social and open minded individuals with a great personality
- Pay attention to detail and are customer focused
- Possess good people management skills and are able to lead a strong diverse workforce.
- Very comfortable with a remote bush location
- Proven ability in report writing and general administrative duties
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in management and operations in high end camps in remote locations within East Africa
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, experience and qualification
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.