Our client, DPO Group is the leading online payment company across the continent who serves the travel, tourism and hospitality sector (with more sectors in the pipeline). They are leaders in technology, innovation, responsibility and leadership. Their company culture is modern and inspired. They are purveyors of advancing technology.
They are looking for a Strategic Accounts Manager to be based in their headquarters in Nairobi.
The role will be responsible for managing all the strategic aspects of projects which includes specifying project plans, timelines and scope definition, allocating resources and launch initiatives for all DPO Business Development projects. Also, to ensure that all projects align with DPO’s strategic mission and objectives.
Job Description – How
- Plan and direct all aspects of complex DPO projects including planning, scheduling, resourcing, risk assessment, cost/benefit analyses, change management, establishing milestones/final deliverables and overall costs
- Develop and foster relationships with key business stakeholders and work in partnership with development teams that support systems development and implementation. Lead stakeholder consultation process throughout the lifecycle of the project(s). Resolve and negotiate stakeholder conflict with diplomacy, to achieve results
- Determine business needs and requirements, negotiate project deliverables/schedules/costing for services from other departments within the IT function and across the entire organization.
- Develop and implement program and project plans (including change management and communication plans), in conjunction with clients, management, stakeholders and/or external consultants
- Track, monitor, and communicate project progress against the project plan, requirements, quality measures, standards, processes, and milestones. Ensure business requirements are being met and the current project plan reflects changes to scope, costs, etc
- Develop and implement strategic objectives, scope and deliverables for all strategic projects.
- Develop, maintain and manage a comprehensive project schedule in liaison with all relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain project risk, issues, actions, decisions and project reporting.
- Estimate the strategic program/project resource levels (With Stakeholders’ input) required to successfully achieve the project goals.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and support contingency planning.
- Monitoring the processes and development of all the strategic projects
- Grows long-term relationships with strategic partners to foster future partnership opportunities
- Reinforces team approach throughout practice both on client projects and internal initiatives.
- To attend and participate in the Group Strategic Projects Forum
- Developing long-term relationships with existing & new strategic merchants stakeholders
- Liaise between merchants and cross-functional internal Divisions & teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to merchant needs.
- Responsible for leading discussions after onboarding of a strategic merchant to ensure merchant success.
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with strategic merchants falling under the Business Development scope.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to merchant needs and business objectives.
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders.
- Forecast and track key strategic account metrics as an advisor to the Business Development Division.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Enhance Divisional and organizational reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests relating to strategic merchants; exploring opportunities to add value to Merchant Success.
- Monitor and analyse merchant adoption of our products and solutions
- Responsible for working with the Sales Division to onboard and integrate new strategic merchants and developing existing merchant relationships
Skill Requirement and Academic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Master’s Degree & Postgraduate diplomas & certificates an added advantage.
- Project management, Account Management and Supervisory experience required
- Expert knowledge of Project management systems, as well as Microsoft Office productivity tools (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent reporting skills
- Strategic in approach: understand and addresses inter-dependencies and real issues
- Experience managing key deliverables and milestones: on time/within budget/meeting business needs
- Ability to manage troubled teams/projects and bring them to success
- Proven experience with projects of strategic level
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs.
- Proven ability to manage multiple accounts at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Deep digital understanding
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a results-driven environment
- Natural relationship builder with integrity, reliability and maturity
- Ability to prioritise among competing tasks
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- The ongoing drive to improve processes
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, click on the link below http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/844fb0b13138-strategic-accounts-manager-dpo, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.