Our client, Segera Retreat is a wildlife sanctuary at the heart of Laikipia Plateau with a sustainable lifestyle focused around conservation, community, culture, and commerce (4Cs).
They are looking for a Stores and Procurement Manager who will be responsible for the supply and consumption of purchased goods for tourism. He/she should be prepared to operate in an organized and proactive manner to maintain the company standards. Systems and codes of conduct should all be followed and thus practiced on a day-to-day basis.
The incumbent will be based at Segera, in Nanyuki
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare purchase requests for stock replenishment or requests from other departments. Enquire and negotiate on prices and place orders following the company’s cost-saving initiatives.
- Maintain supplier database ensuring it is the rationale, with a list of preferred and qualified whilst building and maintaining good business relations with them.
- Ensuring all suppliers are familiar and committed to the company codes of conduct.
- Make follow-up action on orders raised to ensure timely and efficient in deliveries.
- Receipt and inspect goods received to ensure they meet standards and specifications as per the Local Purchasing Order.
- Monitor the development of prices and market trends and ensure regular cross-checks using competitive sourcing to ensure the best prices and quality.
- Ensure company policy on procurement and compliance with government regulations.
- Computing bill of quantities costing and giving costs on the project and other cost incurring activities that require purchases.
- Maintain stock levels and monitor the stock movements and retain them at optimal levels.
- Daily issuance of material to user departments as per request.
- Regular spot checks on stock items to ensure the actual quantities and the records tally.
- Take part in facilitating end-month stock takes.
- Regulate consumption of all materials by ensuring it does not exceed budget limits.
- Monitor stored materials, ensuring depreciation, obsolescence, and quality deterioration are checked.
- Follow up on user departments to ensure items issued from the stores are fully and properly used for the intended purposes.
- Ensure proper and economical use of storage facilities, well arrangement on shelves, dangerous chemicals stored in accordance with health and safety standards and foresee neatness, cleanliness and general order.
- Ensure every item leaving stores is recorded in the issuance book / personal file.
- Ensure the Recycling and waste reduction incentives are followed through. Recyclable items should be returned to the supplier where possible. Supplies should be arranged that transportation requires minimum or no packaging.
- Maintain soft copies and files of all documents relating to stores among them monthly invoices, records on complimentary, pending Lpos, issuance books, warrants and guarantees etc.
- Forward verified invoices and job cards to accounts on monthly or when required facilitating payments.
- Maintain employee personal records on tools/uniforms/equipment and other items given or assigned to him/her for use.
- Checks on the employee clearance sheet ensuring upon leaving all items, tools, uniforms, and equipment issued are returned. In case of loss, damage, or otherwise recommends the person to be sur-charged.
- Foresee that stock bin cards are maintained; well labeled and accurate figures reflect the actual number of items available.
- Maintain keys safe for all stores, fuel storage, and vehicle fuel tanks, regulating access to only the allowed persons and ensuring goods stored in them meet proper safety standards and proper conditions for use.
- Ensure the safety of all facilities in the stores and no theft, pilferage, or damages
- Represent the department in all meetings with management.
- Reporting, consultation, and updating management on all activities in the procurement, their impact, area with challenges, planning on logistics, and deliberating on future forecasts.
- Help in planning and implementing decisions passed by management.
- Help management to meet targets, goals, and general policy objectives
- Alert colleagues, and managers of any safety concerns at the workplace
- Ensure that the work environment is clean and devoid of objects which can cause harm or endanger others.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:-
- BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration.
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience working in stores preferably in tourist safari camps, Lodges, game reserves, or National parks.
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques.
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Highly organised and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analysing data
- Strong leadership skills
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply follow the link below https://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/049834be1762-stores-and-procurement-manager-segera-retreat ,quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.