Our client, DPO Group is the leading online payment company across the continent that serves the travel, tourism and hospitality sector (with more sectors in the pipeline). They are leaders in technology, innovation, responsibility and leadership. Their company culture is modern and inspired. They are purveyors of advancing technology.
They are looking for a Senior Manager-Risk and Data to be based in their headquarters in Nairobi.
The role is responsible for minimizing the potential losses due to fraud, dispute, credit, compliance and legal risks that DPO Group is exposed to at the merchant level. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with solid knowledge of analytical tools, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations.
The manager will provide leadership and support in using advanced analytics to provide insights, automate business actions, and improve the speed and quality of decisions across the operations division.
- Develop policies and processes to underwrite, approve, onboard and monitor merchants.
- Develop and implement the group data strategy. Communicate the strategy and analytic results in an actionable and non-technical manner to department managers.
- Establish and document modeling standards and processes, including identify and define the problem, and design approach; prepare, explore, transform, and select data; build, validate, and deploy model; and monitor and evaluate results
- Drive merchant risk and scoring profiles to assisted and predictive decision-making. unlocking the insights from a vast deluge of transaction data, and presenting this in a way that is simple for our teams.
- Handle complex structured and unstructured data sets the DPO system, create and support models
- Lead a team that is responsible for managing all aspects of risk (financial, legal, compliance, brand risk ) arising from merchant relationships with DPO Group.
- Work with Sales to ensure the merchant on-boarding and KYC review process is smoothly incorporated into the overall customer journey
- Monitor the payment processing activity within our merchant portfolio to identify risky behaviors, including risk exposure, excessive chargebacks, fraud and non-compliance with card brand rules
- Manage both the data analytics and risk teams to minimize risk over the merchant lifecycle while supporting the fast pace growth of the Group.
- Collaborate with the systems and technology teams to build capabilities and tools and automation to manage various types of risk over the entire lifecycle of the merchant
- Develop the team through technical, strategic, and operational skillset
- Work with and influence cross-functional teams – sales, fraud, systems and customer care.
- Constantly innovate new ways and tools to manage risk arising from fraud or high credit risk merchants.
- Manage compliance by conducting risk assessments to onboarding and current DPO merchants.
- Establishing policies for the management of Merchant Risk programs around the world
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders, including merchants, acquires and internal stakeholders within DPO
- Attend and chair the DPO’s Risk committee meetings
- Providing subject matter expertise in the areas of risk management and data security requirements/best practices as well as data compromise event mitigation.
Additional knowledge and qualifications
- Experience in merchant risk in a fin-tech company
- People management experience
- Understanding of know-your-customer (KYC) requirements, tools and best practices
- Knowledge of both consumer (B2C) and commercial (B2B) payments
- Expertise with a variety of online payment methods, including debit cards, credit cards, Mobile money, etc.
- Experience working with a major payment card acquirer, issuer and/or financial regulatory agency a plus
- Experience with analytics software tools or languages and machine learning techniques
- Working knowledge in visualization platforms and customization
Years of Experience (minimum)
- 8+ years of experience in an analytically driven risk strategy role (merchant risk, payments risk, trust and safety etc.)
- 4+ years of people management experience with demonstrated ability to develop and promote talent.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualified in related disciplines such as computer science, engineering, statistics, quantitative psychology, math, economics/econometrics or other quantitative decision sciences.
- A Master’s Degree in a quantitative field is a plus
- Progressive experience in data science and modeling, including use of structured and unstructured data (preferably in a business setup)
- Experience in Fintech is a strong plus
- Strong working knowledge of business intelligence tools, such as Qlik sense,
- A proactive leader that can use data to convert
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally in team environments
- Strong influencing skills and ability to influence broader company agenda
- Strong process and analytical skills, able to identify solutions to complex problems.
- Strong business and customer focus.
- Ability to work proactively within a demanding environment, being a key contributor to a fast-moving product development process.
- Ability to communicate and influence with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to build relationships within a multi-national, high-growth environment.
- Demonstrable numerical, analytical and verbal skills, in particular well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience working within a multi-national team and serving customers from multiple countries would be of benefit.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, click on the https://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/fbd1c64a7db6-senior-manager-risk-and-data, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.