About our Client
Our client, DPO Group is the leading online payment company across the continent who serves the travel, tourism and hospitality sector (with more sectors in the pipeline). They are leaders in technology, innovation, responsibility and leadership. Their company culture is modern and inspired. They are purveyors of advancing technology.
They are looking for a Senior Manager Customer Care Operations to be based at their headquarters in Nairobi.
The purpose of this role is to manage, oversee and lead the merchant and customer facing functions and activities across DPO Operations in Africa. This position is responsible for customer retention (Net revenue retention), resolution of customer issues (Customer effort score), and overall customer satisfaction (NPS).
The manager will be the voice of the customer by proactively capturing the requirements/feedback from the merchants & customers to provide the best-in-class service quality.
The manager will be a change driver infusing a customer-centric culture in the organisation by developing processes and procedures, including service level adherence, customer retention programs, monitoring and goal setting, team management to give the best customer experience.
- Service excellence: Know the merchant and ensure we provide an excellent experience: At all times, be the voice of the merchant by maintaining strong direct connection to what is happening every day with our merchants and their questions/issues and using this feedback to improve service excellence.
- Merchant Lifecycle: Understand and document the merchant lifecycle, to determine the timing and service to be offered at the different touch points in order drive optimal use, identify merchants for upsell as well as detect early dormancy levels.
- Playbook: Design and develop a customer care playbook to build scalable processes for the customer facing teams. The playbook will contain process documents, manuals and guideline, quality assurance process, how the different DPO products will be supported, merchant communication plan, crisis communication plan, merchant journey mapping, user experience component, etc.
- Merchant segmentation: Tier existing merchants and define the strategy for working with each segment by type of business, revenue generation or stage in the customer life cycle.
- Metrics: Drive Business scorecard metrics to include customer retention (Net revenue retention), resolution of customer issues (Customer effort score), and overall customer satisfaction (NPS).
- Quality assurance: Be primarily responsible for auditing and other quality assurance methods to ensure that the team meets or exceeds all accuracy, SLA, and quality metrics and standards.
- Self-service: Drive the implementation of a self-service center for our merchants, to reduct reliance on the merchant support desk through educational campaigns, and self-help portals
- Create a high-performance culture of excellence that permeates the merchant and customer experience.
- Champion individual and team development across the department, build bench strength, foster upward mobility, formalise succession planning
- Provide leadership in resolution of complex and high-priority service issues, as escalated from the team, to effectively ensure prompt and accurate resolution and merchant satisfaction.
- Provide leadership and coaching for direct reports by modeling appropriate leadership techniques. Provide employee feedback through effective and measurable Kye performance indicators. Ensure the development of employee skills and leadership. Conduct regular one-on-one meetings.
- Actively participate in, and contribute to, the strategic planning, business planning, and budgeting for customer facing teams in the Operations division.
- Identify and develop strategies to increase the quality and efficiency of support to merchants
Strategic, Planning, Business Development
- Leverage business analytics and customer insights to identify and implement improvements for incremental value from merchants.
- Partner with stakeholders to pilot new merchant support initiatives and business opportunities, measure results and optimize outcomes
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs and be able to tie them to specific product features, benefits and value propositions.
- Flag opportunities for expansion and churn mitigation in partnership with the Sales Division team who is responsible for the commercial relationship.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Additional knowledge and qualifications
- Strong working knowledge of customer service processes, policies, techniques and applicable regulations.
- A strong focus and understanding of metrics in order to ensure healthy continuity of daily operations
- Ability to effectively work under pressure, managing multiple and changing priorities with strong achievement and results orientation
- Highly developed leadership and communication skills, the ability to motivate a staff, get things done through direct and indirect teams
- Managing and being a budget owner is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to tailor messages to different audiences
- Ability to work in an incredibly fast-paced work environment with action-orientation and drive
- Ability to implement process improvements and evaluation metrics, while analysing workflows and communicating changes in an effective manner.
- Possess extreme attention to detail, a sense of urgency, reliability, and commitment to mastering your work
- Demonstrate strong judgment in decision making and have exceptional time management and prioritisation skills; able to see the “big picture” and the details
- Maintain professional discretion with sensitive and highly confidential information at all levels
- Fluency in both French and English a plus.
Years of Experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a manager role leading a customer service team in a busy high-pressure environment operating 24/7 preferably B2B
- 5+years’ experience with creating and putting in structures for customer facing departments to deliver on service excellence
- 3+ years’ experience delivering on the following customer service metrics
- 3+years’ experience with creating a customer success playbook
- Technical acumen to understand the fintech industry with focus on payments and its functions in order to develop and support our team members in providing outstanding customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be a confident and effective communicator at all levels.
- Flexibility and ability to work well within a team.
- Ambitious with a positive attitude combined and an ability to take the initiative.
- Resilient and tenacious with propensity to persevere.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively with all levels in an organisation
- Team player, and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Accuracy and close attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize tasks.
- Methodical approach and strong organizational capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively with demanding merchants across multiple markets.
- Strong presentation skills.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, click on the link below http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/bd2a0400c253-senior-manager-customer-care-operations, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.