About Our Client
Cigna is one of the world’s leading providers of health care, expatriate employee benefits, life, accidental and supplemental health insurance. Headquartered in the US and listed in NYSE, the Company operates in countries across the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia Pacific.
Cigna Europe and Global Segments is an integral part of Cigna’s growing international businesses. Product types include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Disability, Travel, etc. are sold to groups and individuals. More than 3000 employees are operating for Cigna Europe and Global Segments.
For our Nairobi operations we are looking for a Senior Claims Manager.
As a Senior Claims Manager, you will take up a management position in our Nairobi office. You will be responsible to manage the Nairobi claim team (+/- 30 FTE) supported by the existing Claims Supervisor (also reporting into you). On top you will be responsible for the people management of the Nairobi admin function (+/- 40 FTE).
Your role will be broader than the day to day management of the operation – your agile, customer centric mindset will ensure that you contribute to our overall operations strategy, identifying opportunities to enhance the service proposition and improve the efficiencies and productivity of your teams. Within your role, you will report into our Senior Operations Managers responsible for IOH claims and Global Admin
Your role will be to:
- Motivate individuals and team collectively to achieve agreed work output targets covering productivity, turn-around-time, quality and client & customer satisfaction
- Create an environment that encourages and delivers success – you must have the ability to inspire your team whilst developing your team members to the next level
- Ensure appropriate performance management action, timely recruitment and effective succession planning is in place.
- Contribute to change and innovation and be pro-active in identifying opportunities for improvement within the team and within Claims and Admin process.
- Use data insights to challenge day-to-day operations, and build a continuous improvement mindset
- Manage effective capacity plans, keeping oversight of staff level requirements. Proactively address and escalate any risks.
- Produce meaningful, accurate management reports and statistical information in line with formats and timescales agreed with the Management, including trending and enhancement activities with quantification of operational impacts.
- Manage the implementation of new contracts with the support of the Subject matter experts
- Develop/maintain proactive business relationships, both internally and externally to ensure a seamless delivery of service.
- Be a focal point towards the Client management team, as well as the clients
- You interact with the senior management to adapt your processes to meet evolving objectives
- Use independent judgement and discretion to review and resolve complex issues.
- Contribute in achieving departmental and company-wide goals and business plans.
- Minimum of five years prior Team management experience or other relevant experience in OPS. (and experience with management of a large team)
- Financial services or Insurance experience is highly advantageous
- Active language knowledge of at least English (additional languages are a plus)
- Experience in coaching, managing, developing and motivating individuals
- Proven data analytics skills (advanced Excel, Qlikview, Tableau)
- Clear experience in driving a team to achieve excellent customer service results
- Experience of leading and implementing change
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Action-orientated problem-solving skills / process improvement
- Excellent organisation, planning and prioritisation skills
- Strong communication skills: demonstrating drive and enthusiasm
- Demonstrating flexibility and adaptability to change
- Result-oriented, able to mobilise the team to achieve key objectives
- Accountability – assumes ownership for achieving personal results and collective goals
- Customer oriented
We are looking for a strategic thinker, who can strategically plan the future of the company and who really knows how to use data analytics to forecast and plan. Who has real experience in KPI management and who has worked with colleagues and clients on an international scale. Culturally, you need be heavily customer centric focused, have proven experience in building the NPS score in your previous positions and are a stickler for processes and meeting deadlines.
- Manage ambiguity
- Balances stakeholders
- Organisational savvy
- Drives Engagement
- Build effective teams
- Tech savvy
- Global perspective
- Data driven
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, follow the link https://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/bb3c8df94e30-senior-claims-manager , quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.