Our client runs a family-owned business in the production industry of food products.
They are looking for a Project Manager who will oversee the product related projects. The role involves monitoring project plans, schedules, work hours, budgets, and expenditures, organising and participating in stakeholder meetings, and ensuring that project deadlines are met in a timely manner.
You will work to coordinate special project teams with the coordination of resources, equipment, meetings and information.
You will organise projects with the goal of getting them completed on time and within budget.
You will be the point of contact for all employees involved in getting the projects complete.
You will also assist the two Directors with scheduling of their meetings both internal & external to streamline the 5-year strategic plan’s objectives.
This position is based in Tigoni, Limuru Kiambu County.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include;
- To coordinate the team to deliver on the objectives of the strategic plan.
- To maintain and monitor project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditure.
- Organise, attend and lead stakeholder meetings.
- Document and follow up important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Preparing necessary presentation materials for meetings.
- Providing administrative support as needed to the Managing Directors to meet strategic deadlines.
- Undertaking project tasks as required.
- Ensuring projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project.
- Assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable.
- Chair and facilitate meetings where appropriate and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Create a project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objective.
- Report to the Board on project updates and progress
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma or Degree in business or related field of study.
- Over five years’ experience in project and budget management – or a similar role.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Power point & Outlook.
- File management, transcription, and other administrative procedures.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
You will be skilled and experienced at pulling teams together and making sure they follow up their own responsibilities in each project. You will not be afraid to speak up and out to senior management if they are not meeting their task deadlines. You also have very strong leadership qualities, where you naturally engage the staff to come together to meet their deadlines.
You are a natural organiser and very stringent about record keeping and documentation organisation. You pride yourself on building systems and procedures that enhance efficiency – and that others want to use.
You have a strategic and enquiring mind and a real passion for project management.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, please follow the link below http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/9e043e564a58-project-manager-food-production, quote the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.