Our client, a leading independent power producer. They develop, own and operate power plants utilising various technologies across the African continent.
They are looking for an Operations Accountant to be based in their Kenya office. S/he will be responsible for supporting the operations related finance support and reporting, constantly improving consistency, quality and speed. Also act as central areas of expertise and support for IFS and risk management for the operation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide management accounting assistance and guidance to subsidiaries and plants including improving reporting tools and system reporting support
- Lead the preparation of the Group monthly management report covering Business Development, Construction, Operations and Corporate.
- Provide high quality monthly, quarterly variance analysis to plan.
- Provide input and challenge to produce quality monthly forecasting.
- Develop improvements to group operations reporting. Provide greater consistency and insight to support operating asset reporting.
- Provide reporting support to operating assets as required into Annual Operating Plan process.
- Work closely with planning and treasury team to understand and track accrual vs cash based reporting.
- Build out operational finance reporting capabilities from IFS working closely with all plants’ operational and finance staff.
- Act as central expertise on use of IFS for management reporting in the operations finance area as well as for Business Development and construction.
- Support risk management work with Operating assets to improve current templates, procedures and reporting.
- Support consolidation of risk and decision making at Group level.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Business Finance team, including supporting construction finance and business development finance activities as required
- Well-developed financial and management accounting skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Attention to detail, organisation and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Proactive and able to take the initiative
- Collaboration and teamwork skills
- Thoughtful and adaptable in diverse cultural environments
- Role models organisation’s values, leads by example in business integrity, confidentiality and high standards of business ethics
- Computer skills – MS Excel advanced and ERP or general ledger and consolidation system experience is required. Use of Power BI or other reporting databases is desirable.
Experience, qualifications and skills
- Qualified accountant status (ACCA/CIMA/ACA).
- Bi-lingual French and English is desirable
- Appropriate experience in an accounting / consolidating / reporting role.
- Experienced in financial and management accounting, current accounting practices and methods.
- Financial consolidation systems experience, including change management.
- Previous experience of accounting for construction projects, in a global organisation, would be useful.
- Able to travel throughout Africa from time to time
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, click on the link below http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/36c917fcb73d-operations-accountant, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.