A manufacturing company based in Kericho is seeking a Managing Director to lead and manage its business through the next stage of its development. This is the most senior, board-level executive position and will report directly to the Board of Directors.
The company is at an exciting juncture in its development with significant growth opportunities derived from expanding the range of products it manufactures. The business has recently completed a significant build project to facilitate the necessary space to achieve this growth.
- The MD will be responsible for all aspects of the smooth running of the business both at a strategic level and in steering day-to-day operations. To aid them in this respect the candidate will have responsibility for an experienced team of senior management including heads of Operations, Finance, Export, and Stores. Alongside these senior roles there is a substantial team of mid level management.
- Budgeting and finance will be managed by the Company Finance Controller in conjunction with the UK Group Finance Director
Please note these attributes are for reference only, do not reflect a comprehensive listing and do not, on a stand alone basis, reflect a definitive requirement for the role:
- Good English language skills/Good IT skills
- Leadership and managerial experience including heading up a team, setting strategy, achieving targets, and evidence of a hands-on approach to problem-solving.
- Experience in HR management especially in an organisation of similar size (350+ staff)
- Experience in labor relations and negotiating with labor unions. (The company has a biennial CBA).
- An ability to read financial statements and track performance to budget
- An ability to review systems of work (especially in a manufacturing environment) and implement efficiency programmes. An eye for detail would help here for those lacking specific experience
- Experience of working in a MUB environment including managing stakeholders such as freight forwarders and the KRA.
- Health & Safety implementation experience
There is no requirement for any technical knowledge and due to the nature of the business, there is no outlet for sales & marketing experience.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications, and experience.
To apply follow the link https://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/96ba3d494622-managing-director-manufacturing-kericho ,quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.