DOT Glasses is a Czech social enterprise that addresses one of the world’s largest health issues – nearly 1bn people who struggle to see but can’t afford eyeglasses or simply have no access to them.
The DOT Glasses approach is fairly radical. Apart from our adjustable, one-size-fits-all frames (designed by a subsidiary of Mercedes-Benz), we’ve developed a transformational lens concept and proprietary vision tests. Our approach to testing vision doesn’t require trained optometrists, and our customised prescription eyeglasses are delivered immediately on site within 5 minutes, at an extremely low cost (including the vision test).
DOT Glasses can be distributed through various governmental, non-governmental, and corporate partners but also through community micro-entrepreneurs equipped with purpose-designed vision kits (the size of a small laptop bag). We have already launched our solution in more than 12 markets in Asia and Africa.
We’re looking for an International Sales Manager to lead the business-to-business sales activities within our African footprint (currently: Kenya, Uganda, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Ghana, and South Africa), working closely with the Country Directors in each country, but reporting directly to the DOT Glasses CEO. The candidate should have excellent sales and organisational skills, and she/he should be passionate about making a real impact on the lives of the underprivileged around the world.
The main responsibilities:
The main responsibilities of the International Sales Director consist of developing business/driving new sales in Africa (with an emphasis on East Africa), providing strategic oversight of the country teams, and supporting them in the following areas:
Business Development and Sales
- Lead generation: identifies new market opportunities (NGOs, governments, hospitals and clinics, private for-profit networks, corporations employing a large workforce)
- Negotiates terms with distribution partners and leads on deal closures (supported by Country Director)
- Leads and motivates country teams to improve sales performance
- Designs and implements strategic plans to reach sales targets Strategic Leadership and Representation
- Contributes to continuous improvement of the sales and business development strategy
- Actively networks with relevant stakeholders and represents DOT Glasses at strategic events in the region (health/vision conferences, social business conferences, government meetings)
We are looking for an experienced business-minded person with a passion for improving the lives of people living at the bottom of the economic pyramid, with excellent managerial and communication skills. She or he will be supporting country teams in close cooperation with the central DOT Glasses team. The key characteristics include:
- Fully independent, self-motivated, and driven to deliver, with a proven track record to achieve and overachieving sales
- Previous sales experience of at least 7 years
- International professional experience of at least 2 years (excludes time spent abroad for studies)
- The ability to handle dozens of opportunities in parallel
- Strong closing ability
- Savvy and polished – must be able to sell to company executives and senior government officials
- Perfect command of English (both spoken and written)
- Aligned social mission to help the poor of the world
- Specific regional experience is an asset
- At least a Bachelor’s university degree
- Willing and able to travel
DOT Glasses Offers
- Exciting work for a young company with a lot of room to shape the strategy and its operations
- Interesting financial compensation with significant upside
- Ability to grow within the company
- 20 days of annual leave
- 5 sick days
- Interesting and creative work with international reach
- Open and informal organisational culture
About the position
The position is a full-time job, and remuneration includes uncapped commissions in addition to a competitive base salary. Travel and per diem expenses related to business trips will be covered by the DOT Glasses HQ. The successful candidate will be expected to initially spend 2-4 weeks with the team in DOT Glasses HQ in Prague. Afterward, the person will be permanently based in Nairobi, Kenya, working closely with the local African teams, and possibly other countries in the region, should these be opened in the future as new markets.
Follow the link below to apply https://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/afe4777e42dc-international-sales-manager-africa , quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.