Our client is the leading and fastest-growing meat processor in the East African region.
Responsible for providing tactical and strategic Human resource management to assigned departments, so as to support the achievement of their business objectives.
The position will be the primary HR interface with the business and spearhead the implementation of the HR strategy and HR initiatives or programs
- Contribute to the development and implementation of HR strategies and policies to ensure that they reflect employment law and are aligned with the organization’s strategic priorities, values, culture, and objectives
- Provide HR advisory and consultancy support to managers and staff on all aspects of the employee life cycle such as recruitment , performance, reward management, organization development, change, employee relations, policy interpretation, and implementation, culture and leadership, and exiting.
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, develop and execute manpower plans; responsible for the recruitment and selection process, and ensures that induction and on-boarding process of new staff joining the company is seamless.
- Drive and manage the implementation of an effective performance management program from goal setting, annual reviews, and reporting. Provide performance management guidance to line managers (coaching, career development, managing non-performance).\
- In liaison with the Line Managers and Head of HR, identify training needs; conduct a training needs assessment; recommend interventions to bridge staff skill and business competency gaps.
- Support the implementation of the talent management strategy and plans to meet business needs, and support line managers to identify, develop and retain talent within the functions, including succession planning and development of key talent and critical roles.
- Develop and sustain an enabling work environment for staff by implementing staff welfare and engagement programs, and health and safety programs to increase staff engagement, improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Manage the employee relations matters and act as the unifying factor between staff and management, union & outside contacts in matters regarding workplace investigations, disciplinary, termination, and grievance handling policies and procedures by ensuring there is consistency and fairness in handling any deviations and queries.
- Provide HR Metrics and analytics, and monthly reports for management information for the specific business areas. Analyze workforce metrics to explain trends (future and past), find root causes and develop short, medium and long-term plans/solutions; programs and policies.
- Ensure timely renewal of HR-related contracts by liaising with line managers (employee contracts) and external service contracts (service providers contracts).
- In conjunction with the Head of HR, ensure all company policies and procedures are up to date and in line with current employment law. Ensures the consistent application of HR policies, processes, and systems within the departments they support.
Key Performance Indicators
- On-Time In-Full HR reporting: Monthly/Weekly/Quarterly
- Court cases- Zero culpability (E.g. Missed or wrong procedures) after determination by the court.
- Compliance with Legal and regulatory requirements
- Employee turnover
- Employee engagement
- Employee satisfaction
- Optimal staff numbers (effective manpower planning)
- Ability to attract and retain top talent
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, social sciences, education, business administration, counseling, or a related field from a recognized institution.
- Must have professional HR certification and member of IHRM with a current practicing certificate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in Human Resources positions or in a similar
- role, two (3) of which should be in a management role.
- Experience in working with trade unions and project management is required
- Knowledge of Labour and Employment Laws and HR Regulatory Guidelines
- Experience in a manufacturing/production plant
Competencies and Attributes
- Strong business acumen, understands and quickly grasps business requirements
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong relationship-building and influencing skills
- Ability to lead/drive and manage change
- Ability to understand trends in HR
- High integrity and personal credibility; ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Professionalism and a team player
Relationships and working contacts
- Internal: Heads of Departments, HRBPs, Union officials (Chief shop steward), and employees
- External: Staff union, outsourced labour providers, Training Consultants, Recruitment Consultants, Medical providers
This is an office based role, The incumbent will be based at their processing plant in Thika.
The employee must be available to work outside normal office hours, or on the weekends, as required by the company or other obligations.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications, and experience.
To apply follow the link https://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/073624e8283f-human-resource-business-partner-hrbp-meat-processing ,quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.