Our client is a start-up business who run a digital platform seeking to improve healthcare for everyone by using technology to improve decision-making processes and patient treatment.
They are looking for a Head of Sales who will oversee the expansion of the company from the individual facilities they are currently serving, to sizeable government and private sector contracts across the whole country.
The incumbent will be responsible for building market position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating and closing business relationships. The incumbent will be based in their Nairobi office with frequent travel within the country.
- Assess opportunities by analysing company history, potential for new inter-related business and coherence with group strategy.
- Build and maintain relationships including with County health ministries at all levels of government, negotiate and close significant public and private sector contracts.
- Lead the sales team in the preparation of compliant technical and commercial proposals.
- Oversee the costing of all new business opportunities ensuring projects meet both client operational and budgetary requirements whilst returning shareholder value in line with expectations.
- Ensure consistency throughout the business development process by coordinating client requirements with costing and contact requirements and integrating contact requirements with the operations department.
- Develop and implement management systems and processes devised to ensure efficiency and accountability throughout the sales process.
- Implement and monitor all weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting as required by the executive team.
- Train and participate in training events of the company’s staff as and when required and implement Human Resources policies, procedures and initiatives.
- Work in full accordance with company policies, procedures, work instructions and all relevant elements of Company’s Management Systems and protect company’s intellectual property by keeping information confidential.
- Work with the marketing team and contractors to support with all aspects of sales and marketing collateral, websites and brand development.
- Develop and manage a program of sales and marketing initiatives such as attendance at industry conferences, social events and targeted sales events.
- Lead the internal and external communication of the company’s brand.
Required Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- A degree in Business Management, Project Management or similar field related qualification. An MBA would be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years’ experience in sales and business development, 4 of which have been in a management capacity
- Experience in scaling up a health technology company will be an added advantage
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiator with the ability to influence and close sales.
- Able to deliver high quality written proposals.
- Excellent IT skills by being fluent in Excel, Word, PPT and related publishing programmes.
- Intimate knowledge of costing and pricing strategies.
- Good financial understanding of organisational decision making processes.
- Excellent time management.
- Delegation and training skills to deliver against short deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, follow the link below http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/827029a87287-head-of-sales, quote the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.