About Our Client
The Davis & Shirtliff Group is the leading supplier of water and energy solutions in the region. The Group is Kenyan based and operates through a network of Kenyan branches as well as regional subsidiaries in Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Rwanda, South Sudan, DRC and Zimbabwe. The company has a total complement of over 800 highly trained and professional staff spread across the region and seeks to fill the position of General Manager, Talent Management & Administration.
The position holder will report to the Managing Director, Kenya and to the Group CEO on Group activities. The General Manager, Talent Management & Administration will:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop corporate plan for the HR function and consolidate cross functional HR requirements implementation across the company
- Create an HR center of excellence for the group and roll out initiatives across the group such as ‘best in class’ HR practices, compliance, compensation, benefits, health and safety etc.
- Take primary responsibility to oversee the human factor in the company by devising and implementing strategies for recruitment, skill gap analysis and mapping, capacity building, induction and orientation, liaison and coordination with Industry and Government procedures & compliance, annual appraisals, HR survey, HR Policy Development & Manuals, employee empowerment, engagement, retention, disciplinary issues, conflict resolution and separation.
- Be responsible to provide direction, guidance and support to a team consisting of Senior HR Manager, Knowledge Manager, and their teams.
- Prepare reports and participate in weekly and monthly executive meetings, and quarterly Board meetings, whilst providing overall direction to the Company Talent Management and Administration function.
- Graduate in Human Resource Management with minimum Upper Second-Class Degree from a recognised institution.
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline
- Minimum 10 years HRM experience, five of which are at General Manager HR level.
- Hands-on experience with HRM Software (including payroll systems and Applicant Tracking Systems).
- Excellent leadership, communication, and presentation skills, with attention to detail and ability to foster healthy employee relations.
- Solid understanding of labour laws.
- Current membership and possession of valid practicing license of respective Professional Institution (IHRM).
- Computer skills including MS Office suite and HRMIS.
You will have the maturity and experience to strategise and manage all the aspects of the role and be able to hit the ground running, bringing in best practices and strong leadership. You are naturally self-driven, an excellent planner and used to meeting deadlines on time, every time. Your reporting planning and skills will be above par and you are up to date on the latest HRIM systems and labour laws.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated team of specialists who derive their satisfaction from “Improving people’s lives through providing Water and Energy Solutions across Africa”.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, follow the link https://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/9d5c934a9f73-general-manager-talent-management-and-administration , quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.