Our client, DPO Group is the leading online payment company across the continent who serves the travel, tourism and hospitality sector (with more sectors in the pipeline). They are leaders in technology, innovation, responsibility and leadership. Their company culture is modern and inspired. They are purveyors of advancing technology.
They are looking for a Fraud Prevention Manager to be based in their headquarters in Nairobi.
He/She will be responsible in managing all facets of fraud detection and loss prevention for the business. The Manager will be responsible for developing process and procedures to identify and mitigate fraudulent activities monitor and review transactions, review transaction reports for trending analysis and fraud mitigation, interact with external and internal customers/merchants to champion fraud policies and procedures, and other duties as required in a high pace environment.
- Managing day-to-day operations and responsibilities of fraud prevention teams.
- Lead, develop and motivate fraud prevention team to meet department goals.
- Collaborate with the risk team to identify changes to the scoring system in terms of data improvements, threshold changes and suggested improvements to the functioning of fraud alerts.
- Design and implement fraud prevention tools, procedures, policies and processes for minimizing transactional fraud.
- Ensure compliance with all laid down policies and procedures for work operations.
- Work in tandem with customer service department on streamlined processes to ensure customer service levels are maintained through the fraud verification process.
- Observe transactions to identify fraudulent activity such as identity theft and similar other risks as well as identify fraudulent transactions and cancel them from further processing.
- Manage investigations of successful and unsuccessful fraud attempts, with follow-through actions.
- Preparing and presenting the departmental budget and resource requirements.
- Develop and implement action plans and recommendations from management.
- Submitting the weekly, monthly and adhoc Fraud reports.
- Oversee the hiring and training of fraud team members to ensure an effective department.
- Continuously utilize BI tools and reports to mine and analyse sets of data to obtain results which reveal any fraud patterns and trends.
- Continually enhance knowledge of digital fraud trends with peers and through seminars and training.
- Train and educate merchants on the fraud process
- Present the department in the various forums and meetings.
- Any other responsibility as assigned.
Additional Knowledge and qualifications
- Team Management skills
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to take an independent reliable decision.
- Attention to detail.
- Result oriented.
- Team player
- Excellent reporting skills
- Excellent Analysis Skills
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Extra-mile attitude
- Data analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in a business course, economics, mathematics or related fields
- At Least 4 years of banking or ecommerce fraud analytics
- At least 2 years’ experience managing a team in Fraud and Risk management
- Energetic, motivated, and detail oriented
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Self-starter with a good business sense
- Good in data analytics
- Creative and proactive approach towards challenges
- Independent, resourceful and possess high drive to excel
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
Years of Experience
- 4+ years’ experience in Fraud Prevention
- 2+ years’ experience managing a team in a high-pressure environment.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, click on the http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/fdf5c1e7e22f-fraud-prevention-manager , quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.