Green Heart of Kenya is an eco town and productive agricultural landscape across 750 acres in Kilifi, on the coast of Kenya.
Our vision is to drive a positive impact on Kilifi’s natural ecosystems, community, and economy, and in doing so create a replicable model for inclusive and climate resilient cities of the future.
We are looking for an experienced accountant and finance manager to join the team asap. The role will be focused on building and managing financial systems and company compliance, but with considerable opportunity to grow into a more involved role.
As we are a young company with a small team, there will be a requirement to handle day to day activities such as petty cash management and get involved in other aspects of the business such as administration and supporting sales. At the same time you will have the opportunity to stamp your mark and shape the company’s financial strategy moving forward.
You should be able to create accurate, detailed reports to illustrate data to be presented to management.
The right person will be a proactive, extremely organised individual who is not afraid to take control of situations and implement systems of their own accord. It is our policy to build capacity and recruit from within, so there is always room to grow in the company.
– Day-to-day bookkeeping
– Preparing monthly management accounts
– Creation and submission of yearly accounts
– Management of debtors and creditors
– Implementation of weekly payment runs
– Payroll & statutory payment management
– WHT management
– VAT management
– Petty Cash
– Calculation and payment of CGT
– Department budget process
Financial & land related paperwork
– Creation of monthly cash flow forecast reports
– Management of land sale agreements, transfer and payment plans including related file management.
– Timely payment of land rates
Service charge management
– Design of system
– Preparation of service charge accounts
– Managing creditors and debtors in the same
– Management of the yearly audit process
– Liaising with company secretary
– Bachelor’s degree in accounting
– CPA (K)
– 5 years of managing admin and books for a company
– Previous experience with Quickbooks and Excel
– Previous experience working with a real estate company and on property contracts
would be an advantage.
– Knowledge of financial regulatory requirements
You will be required to support the Director in all administrative affairs as the Development progresses.
You will be a creative thinker, with an entrepreneurial spirit and have a ‘roll up your sleeves attitude. You will be willing to get involved and contribute to all aspects of the development. This is a great opportunity with room to grow into a CFO role in the long term. You will have sound financial skills, a keen eye for detail and accuracy, and be able to spot problems and resolve them independently.
You will be self-driven and motivated and not require daily direction. You will be expected to make mature decisions. You are a people person, with excellent written and spoken English.
This role is based in Kilifi and comes with significant benefits including an employee shareholding scheme and health care. Flexible working hours are offered and will suit those with a passion for sustainable living.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications, and experience.
To apply follow the link https://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/d626b38e1565-finance-and-administration-manager-eco-housing-development-kenya ,quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.