DPO offers their merchants a free e-commerce platform on which to sell their products. This enables merchants who have no website to immediately start selling their products online.
This product is one of DPO’s most important services to date and you will be responsible for the production, operation and marketing of this service in its entirety.
They are looking for an E-Commerce Manager (DPO online store), Fintech to be based at their headquarters in Nairobi.
You will be responsible for the creation of the merchants’ website, ensuring its functionality together with the DPO tech team, guiding the merchant on marketing tools and ensuring a seamless service.
You will have extensive experience in creating really slick websites that use e-commerce extensively and this is where your e-commerce skills are very important.
You are naturally laser customer focused and like a dog with a bone, never let go until your merchant is totally satisfied with the product.
You know all about marketing and promoting e-commerce websites. You know about product development. You understand databases. You are brave enough to make changes at a moment’s notice as the market demands change.
You are constantly on top of the latest e-commerce trends.
You are a disruptor.
You are bold and brave and not afraid to speak up and out.
You are a natural collaborator and a whizz at getting your team members excited and engaged in projects.
In essence, you are a very energetic, technically skilled person who can manage and grow this product to become a market leader.
(Note – you are not building the e-commerce platforms technically, we have our own developers to do this, but you are creating them and working with the tech team to ensure they do work seamlessly).
- Define the DPO On-Line-Store strategy and create a prioritised road map to raise the customers’ pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability
- Develop and implement DPO On-Line-Store policies and procedures
- Ensure the merchant’s store creation for both basic websites and customised project websites
- Oversee Merchant training on both customer and back-end support
- Spearhead efforts to continuously improve the product offering of the DPO On-Line-Store.
- Lead the DPO On-Line-Store team in the execution of the defined strategy and operational plan to achieve sales and customer objectives
- Manage the relationship with external partners/vendors to ensure goals and objectives are met
- Merchant Support: Partner with internal and external operations teams to add service coverage, optimize processes, share best practices and address or escalate issues as required
- Partner with internal Marketing Division to develop and implement new initiatives and ongoing programs to acquire and retain customers
- Partner with Marketing Division to ensure DPO On-Line-Storefronts are optimized for content, placement and promotions.
- On-Line-Store performance: Monitor key performance indicators, highlighting trends and analysing causes of unexpected variances, focusing on drivers with the objective of proposing actions to improve business outcomes
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- University graduate (preferably business/marketing/technology)Professional qualification in digital marketing will be an added advantage.
- 4+ years of experience in e-commerce and product management
- 3-5 years of E-commerce experience is mandatory
- Demonstrated ability in Website creation is mandatory
- Experience managing products on e-commerce platforms is mandatory
- 3+ Experience in Shopping carts (e.g. Wix, Woo-commerce, etc) is mandatory
- Proven experience in Online inventory management
- Familiar with Web technologies
- Knowledge and ability to use analytics tools, design processes and tools dominate the digital marketing
- Agility with the ability to learn new workstreams within the e-Commerce space.
- Need to be very flexible and able to change fast in an ever-changing environment within the online payment space.
- A great can-do attitude when faced with new challenges with the ability to dissect the issue and find a solution.
- Team player who can work with a cross-functional team drawn from several divisions and disciplines.
- A results-oriented individual who is able to work on the day to day deliverables whilst keeping tabs on performance KPIs.
- Exceptional time management skills; ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects with overlapping goals and objectives
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply follow the link, http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/0f26f624db46-e-commerce-manager-dpo-online-store-fintech