Our client is a start-up business who run a digital platform seeking to improve healthcare for everyone by using technology to improve decision-making processes and patient treatment.
They are looking for a Director of Operations who will oversee general operations of the company across the country.
The incumbent will be based in their Nairobi office.
- Management of the entire operations team across the country, which comprises Project Managers, Supply Chain and IT teams.
- Establishment of a culture of learning & responsibility across all teams.
- Active participation in the delivery of the organisation’s strategic plan and contract requirements.
- Ensure that operational costs in each facility are managed efficiently whilst coming up with cost saving measures that do not hinder the quality of service provided.
- Give clear direction and support to facility managers in-charge of the company systems and hardware and expect accountability from them.
- Oversee the management of system maintenance schedule plans for all the facilities and manage any system downtime speedily and effectively.
- In conjunction with the Finance department, prepare budgets and ensure that the facilities are working within those budgets, monitoring each facility’s performance and achievements closely.
- Preparation of monthly reports on each facility showing their overall performance for use by upper management in decision-making.
- Regular visits to all facilities to ensure compliance and improvement of the company policies.
- Ensure compliance with all government regulations and licences that pertain to business operations, health, safety and labour requirements of the facilities.
- Devise and establish policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to ensure running of cost-efficient contracts and client service satisfaction across the board.
- Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
- Oversight of all IT operations and management of infrastructure.
- Develop, implement and evaluate IT projects in line with organisational objectives.
- Liaise with other departments, determining and addressing their IT needs and requirements.
- Ensure the maintenance of current projects and technology systems.
- Identify vulnerabilities, the need for upgrades, and opportunities for improvement.
- Propose strategic solutions and recommend new systems and software.
- Prepare financial budgets and performance reports.
- Build and maintain relationships with external advisors and vendors.
- Ensure reported issues are resolved in a timely manner.
Supply Chain Management
- Create and review opportunities to implement best practice purchasing policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance and deliver best value and business savings.
- Evaluate the challenges faced by the business and take action to mitigate risks as they arise.
- Ensure purchasing policy, guidelines and any associated documents are in place and updated when required.
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes (e Procurement)
- Provide management reports and key performance data and monitor cost savings
- Manage relationships with suppliers and select and develop new suppliers
- Negotiate and manage contract terms with suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms with technical and operational input from stakeholders and colleagues
- Review and negotiate existing agreements to optimise commercial terms
- Assess tenders from potential suppliers
- Work with suppliers and have a process in place to measure effective performance, quality and compliance. Measure against KPI criteria if these exist
- Ensure professional and consistent supplier management is applied across the supply base in line with the purchasing policy
- Collaborate with all teams for alignment with their procurement schedules.
- Identify process bottlenecks and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Work with Finance and Sales to determine best vendors and suppliers
Required Experience, Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent attention to detail with a natural ability to juggle many moving parts, without dropping a ball.
- Excellent team leadership and management skills, with a bias for action and getting things done
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with a strong judgment and understanding of how a business operates coupled with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Good financial understanding and effective decision-making processes would be an added advantage.
- The ability to recruit exceptional staff and manage performance
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Familiarity with sourcing and vendor management
- Interest in market dynamics along with a keen business sense
- Ability to gather and analyse data and to work with figures
- Solid judgment with ability to make good decisions
- Strong leadership capabilities
- A degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Operations Management or similar field related qualification.
- Project Management/Six-sigma/Kaizen experience useful
- Certifications in relevant ICT disciplines useful.
- Experience in healthcare and/or technology desirable but not required
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, follow the link below http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/648dfa8b5d31-director-of-operations, quote the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.