About our client
Our client, DPO Group is the leading online payment company across the continent who serves the travel, tourism and hospitality sector (with more sectors in the pipeline). They are leaders in technology, innovation, responsibility and leadership. Their company culture is modern and inspired. They are purveyors of advancing technology.
They are looking for a Communication Supervisor to be based in their headquarters in Nairobi. The Communication & Events Department is a department within the marketing division of DPO Group. The communication & events department’s key focus is Public Relations, Communication & Event Management.
The Communication & Event Management Department’s key goal will be to manage all the division’s communication and event management needs. This will include internal communication to staff from the CEO, publications, divisional communication as well as external communication to merchants through direct email and SMS marketing to customers, merchants and stakeholders as well as partners. The communication department will also be responsible for business & creative copy writing to ensure that all design and campaign copy is cohesive. Any BTL merchant communication will be rolled out by the communication and events department including merchant visits and engagement as well as instore branding. Another critical component will be end-to-end event management of both virtual and on-ground events to engage investors, stakeholders, media, partners, merchants as well as consumers. Public Relations and Publicity through media engagement will also be a key element of the department. Eventually the CSR Corporate Social Responsibility mapping, planning and execution will also be managed by the department.
The job holder will be expected to work with minimal supervision to deliver set objectives. Key Deliverables will include:
- Publicity & Media Relations
- Internal & External Communication
- Virtual & On-ground Event Management
Scope of Work
The key deliverable for this position will be Publicity & Media Relations including:
- Media Engagement Plan
- Grow Media Distribution
- Business Content Writing o Creative Copy Writing
- Brand Communication Workshop
- Crisis Management
- Media Training
Publicity & Media Relations
- Crisis PR
- Events PR
- Media Features
- Industry News o Press Releases
- Distribution Reporting
- Overall PR Reporting
Additional Knowledge and qualifications
- Demonstrate experience and a clear understanding of the Media & Public Relations discipline with the ability to adapt that knowledge within the payments fintech space.
- Craft a media engagement strategy aimed at delivering key media communication messages to keep the brand associations consistent.
- Grow the media distribution list within the markets DPO Group operates in to widen the pool of media to increase pick up
- First class business content & copy writing and proof reading skills with excellent grammatical skills to create and/or edit media releases, websites, newsletters.
- Creative copy writing skills with ability to adapt content to a specific audience to drive engagement and conversion for social media campaigns.
- Ability to imagine and convert campaign creative strategy & positioning into video scripts.
- Ability to craft closed user group communication for both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to plan coordinate and deliver both virtual and on-ground events
Years of Experience
4+ Years of Media Relations & Communication
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, click on the link https://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/45fa8f40a36e-communication-supervisor , quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.