Our client, DPO Group is the leading online payment company across the continent that serves the travel, tourism and hospitality sectors (with more sectors in the pipeline). They are leaders in technology, innovation, responsibility and leadership. Their company culture is modern and inspired. They are purveyors of advancing technology.
They are looking for a Business Systems and Project Manager to be based in their headquarters in Nairobi.
The role is responsible for leading teams to deliver the project(s) that span across one or more divisions, manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to quality and control guidelines throughout the project lifecycle.
This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The senior manager will work closely with and support project sponsors and stakeholders across the group and manage the development and maintenance of the annual project plan, and updates, and will provide senior management with project-related financial data and other key performance indicators.
- Gain and maintain a detailed understanding of the system design and architecture in order to validate requirements and define the functional behavior of the service.
- Driving the analysis and design activities of new products in the DPO system, set direction and quality check the deliverables of team members.
- Oversee the elicitation of requirements information from other divisions and product experts, negotiate with stakeholders to understand real underlying requirements and priority.
- Analyze, validate and organise information into appropriate artifacts (business requirements documents, workflows, business configuration documentation, team backlogs).
- Specify and implement functional behavior for the system, covering features, business process definition, acceptance criteria report definition, business logic and use cases.
- Lead the systems teams to ensure business intent is understood and effectively carried into development phases
- Conduct peer reviews of Business Analysis documentation ensuring review comments are clearly documented and articulated.
- Establish a network of contacts and build strong relations with all stakeholders including merchants, senior management assuring engagement and commitment by all parties.
- Manage the project portfolio, annual project budgeting process and regular reporting on project and portfolio performance.
- Proactively manage and communicate changes in project scope, identify potential risks, and develop contingency plans, as needed.
- Effectively communicate project expectations and status to team members, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Effectively apply project management methodology to minimize exposure and risks to projects, while maximizing the return on firm investment.
- Promote greater transparency, predictability, and accountability for all projects across the firm, creating and gaining buy-in for new approaches, where appropriate.
- Develop training and tools, and think strategically about ways to further the dissemination of portfolio management as a best practice.
- Evolve the work environment to instill an atmosphere that supports the growth of the company
- Provide daily coaching and direction for direct reports, as required
- Conduct annual performance appraisals and employee development plans as needed
- Identify career paths and create career succession planning for direct reports
- Identify and provide skills training as required
- Recruit top talent
- Recommend career promotions, transfers and annual compensation packages
Additional knowledge and qualifications
- A technically strong Project Manager with extensive experience in leading and managing a project with the ability to translate and interpret business requirements to functional specifications while having a holistic overview of the impact on the project.
- Ability to maintain a key strategic focus by effectively identifying, analyzing and prioritizing risks/issues external to the program and reconciling these with internal priorities.
- Demonstrated understanding of long-term planning concepts and approaches; and the value of visual planning.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet critical deadlines, managing various tasks at once, demonstrating resilience to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Proven leadership experience, with the ability to develop, coach and empower a high-performance team.
- A Flexibility to apply the right tool to the job – experienced in the use of common business and systems analysis methodologies and modeling tools (e.g. UML, BPMN, Enterprise Architect, JIRA).drive for continuous improvement – personally, professionally, and in a team environment.
Years of Experience (minimum)
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, IT with supporting Project Management qualifications.
- 5+ years of experience in a professional services organization.
- PMP certification and/or MBA preferred.
- Broad experience with Project and Program Management approaches, best practices, concepts, governance, processes and reporting.
- Project administration and management experience required.
- Experience with at least one Project Management software and other related digital tools.
- Proven ability to develop business case logic to convey project objectives, benefits, costs, and risks.
- Strong process and analytical skills, able to identify solutions to complex problems.
- Strong business and customer focus.
- Ability to work proactively within a demanding environment, being a key contributor to a fast-moving product development process.
- Ability to communicate and influence with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to build relationships within a multi-national, high-growth environment.
- Demonstrable numerical, analytical and verbal skills, in particular well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience working within a multi-national team and serving customers from multiple countries would be of benefit.
- Formal Business Analysis qualification would be an advantage.
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, click on the http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/d81abb6c8701-business-systems-and-project-manager, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.