Position Purpose/ Objective:
The Security Manager will report to the General Manager for operational assignments and to the Legal & Administration Manager for administrative matters. The Security Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating the company’s safety and security procedures and creating an environment where employee, visitors and property are safe and well protected.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Planning, monitoring and overseeing all security operations of the company.
- Oversees the collection, updating, verification and communication of information regarding the security situation within and outside the company.
- Prepares, reviews and implements the company’s security plans and strategies, security risk management documents and offers risk management-based security solutions through innovation and creativity.
- Provides support in organizing and conducting training courses on security awareness and preparedness and providing security orientation to new staff members. Conducts security briefings as required.
- Liaise and coordinate, as appropriate, with government security organizations or personnel, including national and local provincial authorities, enforcement officers, as well as non-governmental organizations in the area of operation; In consultation with the Human Resources office, manage and oversee recruitment, training, target setting, appraisal, supervision and performance management, development, coaching and the general welfare for all security personnel to establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Prepare the security annual budgets and work plans and monitor their performance in line with the business strategy.
- Support organizational resilience and contingency planning, crisis decision-making, and the development of disaster recovery and business continuity plans, by providing information and analysis including situational monitoring and updates.
- Conduct investigations on security incidents around the company property, recommend mitigation measures and review these as often as appropriate.
- Oversee the assessment, maintenance and improvement of installed security systems, including access control, CCTV, communication systems and safety alarms and suggest innovations to cut costs and improve efficiency.
- Pro-actively manage all security related vendor relationships in compliance with agreed SLAs to ensure quality of service and optimal cost savings.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and regular reports on security operations and performance.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Qualification & Experience Required:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a security related field or equivalent from a recognised university
- A Master’s degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Must have at least eight (8) years cumulative work experience in security, conflict resolution, crime prevention, risk or disaster with security responsibilities, in the public or private sector.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Professionalism, competence and mastery of subject matter
- Highly confidential
- Excellent leadership skills
- Must demonstrate excellent surveillance and emergency response skills
- Ability to make quick decisions and remain calm in stressful situations
- Good inter-personal & communication skills
- Good team player and result-oriented
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, follow the https://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/544274ef2d47-security-manager-sotik-tea-company ,quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.