Accuracy and attention to detail are key requirements as is the ability to efficiently manage a busy workload.
- Check availability of properties and make provisional bookings in a timely manner
- Check availability and book ground arrangements such as transfers, flights, VIP meet and assist
- Plan the logistics and smooth operation of an itinerary
- Prepare accurate quotations that include flights, transfers, guides, accommodation, and other related details
- Ensure that any provisional bookings that do not mature are cancelled in time to avoid cancellation penalties
- Create invoices and maintain records of deposits and final payments
- When a booking confirms share all relevant details with suppliers and issue vouchers
- Stay up to date on rates and special offers as well as the inclusions, exclusions at the properties we sell as well as their terms & conditions and keeping the rates files up to date
- Liaise with the accounts department on payments to suppliers and keeping an accurate record of payments made and received
- Maintain client files and ensure they are up to date and accurate with all information pertaining to their bookings
- Proofread all documents, emails and quotations to ensure accuracy before sending out
- Procurement and supplies
- You may be asked to write itineraries
- Make final checks before travel packs are sent to the guests
- Collect and collate guest information prior to arrival and share relevant information with the suppliers on their itinerary
- Follow up on any extra costs incurred during a safari and invoice accordingly
- Manage alterations to clients’ itineraries after booking
- Monitor that all information is received during the payment process
- Answering the telephone
- Assisting with Office Mpesa payments
- When necessary, check incoming emails for other members of the team and action appropriately
- Following up on final payments, travel arrangements and welcome packs
- Cross-check with all suppliers throughout a safari to ensure the booking runs smoothly
- Maintain post safari records
- General office duties e.g. preparing welcome packs, guide notes and summaries, book campsites, arrange park fees, collection of luggage, meeting guests, updating system information, and corresponding documentation (itinerary items, travel information etc)
In addition, there may be other reasonable duties to those listed above that you may be asked to perform from time to time.
Requirements for the role
- Professional outlook
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Computer literate – ideally in word, excel and the internet
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent numerical skills
- Able to prioritise busy workloads and work to deadlines
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to manage confidential information
- Team player
- Calm in the face of adversity
- Adaptable, able to use initiative and think quickly “on your feet”
- Interest in travel
Salary depends on experience.
Working hours 08.00 to 1700, Monday to Friday.
Occasionally in the high season you may be asked to work outside these hours or over the weekends either in the office or working from home. You may occasionally be asked to travel.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, follow the https://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/b8e0d4db4f85-safari-operations-assistant ,quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.