Product and Marketing Manager
The Product and Marketing Manager shall develop an in depth understanding of the luxury safari market in Kenya and wider East Africa and what experiences and products luxury safari travellers are searching for to ensure Hemingways Expeditions delivers best in class product offerings and travel advisory solutions.
The successful candidate will work closely with Sales and Marketing colleagues, the Operations team as well as Directors to execute agreed business strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Have primary responsibility for the selection, enhancement and development of a luxury product portfolio in line with Hemingways’ values and vision.
- Source and continually refresh the best luxury safari experiences and properties as well as keep up to date with the practicalities of travelling on a luxury safari.
- Define a long-term supplier strategy. Continually analyse spend as well as benefits and returns whilst maintaining the integrity of quality products to clients.
- Develop source market intelligence and ‘best fit’ product in line with agent market requirements.
- Build and maintain supplier relations to ensure Hemingways Expeditions and its clients benefit from the most favourable negotiated rates and the best luxury safari experiences.
- Provide product support and destination advice for the sales team on a day to day basis and provide regular training.
- Investigate and assist in resolving client feedback, product concerns and complaints.
- Manage the organisation of familiarisation, educational and product trips.
- Support the development of commercial pricing strategies.
- Continuously analyse and research competitors, market trends and industry news.
- In partnership with the Sales and Marketing Director, develop marketing plans and strategies for Hemingways Expeditions to drive brand awareness throughout key source markets.
- Represent Hemingways Expeditions at travel and tourism events to drive sales, brand recognition and growth opportunities.
- Demonstrate professional presentation skills at Industry Trade Shows, Sales Events and Networking functions.
- Manage & maintain marketing database.
- Ensure effective and efficient communication with clients at all times, including itinerary-building templates/ platforms.
- Manage all digital assets including social media and websites.
- Support international sales representative offices with marketing information.
- Ensure all correspondence, documentation, proposals and presentations are delivered accurately and timeously.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 6 years’ experience in luxury travel in Africa at least 3 of which should ideally have been in a Sales or Product role.
- Bachelor’s degree in commerce preferred
- Extensive destination knowledge across East Africa
- Deep affection for East African safaris and be passionate about responsible travel.
- A creative mind open to new ideas and new ways of operating
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient PowerPoint presentations and excellent Excel skills.
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Ability to build strong relationships
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, follow the https://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/8e201f16b49b-product-and-marketing-manager-hemingways-expeditions ,quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.