- Oversee all plant maintenance operations and ensure that all factory machinery is serviced and in working order. The job holder is additionally In charge of uninterrupted and cost-effective availability of infrastructure, equipment, utilities & spares for operation.
- Ascertain that daily preoperative and start up checks machines are carried out. Identify downtime root causes and resolve all issues and assist team members to implement all changes.
- Ensure machinery and facility maintenance is carried out in accordance with the Company Standing Instructions and that high standards are maintained and improved on. This includes the administration and resolution of all technical maintenance issues.
- Design all preventive maintenance programs in coordination with maintenance and engineering staff. Prepare schedules for all production operations and assist in installation and maintenance of all machines and tools.
- Maintain an efficient and safe working environment for all employees whilst overseeing compliance with Environment, Health & Safety norms & guidelines.
- Ensure compliance to all state and statutory regulations and design appropriate plant maintenance programs to minimise all downtime. Perform regular audits on all safety control programs.
- Prepare reports for all client activities and ensure compliance to statutory requirements.
- Maintain and review everyday logs and assist to resolve all issues and provide support to all engineering activities and participate in all facilities maintenance meetings.
- Monitor all capital improvement projects and organize various performance appraisals and recommend training programs as per requirement.
- Manage the team’s performance and development by planning training programs. Prepare all short- and long-term programs and ensure achievement of all objectives with required budget.
- Review and recommend improvements of all standard operating procedures.
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintenance Planning
- Adherence to machinery maintenance and service standards
- Accurate record keeping
- Utilities Management
- Fault diagnosis and repeat job minimisation
Minimum Position Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field from a recognised institution
- At least 8-9 years’ experience in plant operation management
Competencies and Attributes
- Strong analytical skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, follow the https://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/287f5ac03351-plant-engineer-manufacturing ,quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.