Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
• Work closely with the Director in decision making to provide management oversight and leadership in the organisation and oversee the organisation in the absence of the Director
• Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
• Manage the recruitment and selection process in support of HOD’s by oversee full-cycle recruitment process by either employing traditional sourcing strategies, active network and employ innovative, creative recruiting methods to hire the best talent
• Review and approve job position requests, job descriptions, and make recommendations, ensuring accuracy and consistency
• Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
• Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, policies, systems and procedures across the organisation
• Nurture a positive working environment
• Oversee and manage performance appraisal system that drives high performance in support of group object for all supervisors and HOD’s every 6-12 months.
• Maintain pay plan and benefits program
• Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
• Support group compliance audits
• Oversee HR-related administrative duties and ensure they are compliant with existing legal and government requirements
• Monitor and coordinate staff contract management
• Implement and maintain HR management software system
• Work closely with the Health and Safety Officer in all matters pertaining safety i.e. Risk assessments, enforcement of policy, reviewing of policy, accidents reports, firefighting and equipment etc.
Degree in Human Resources or related field
• IHRM membership compulsory and CHRP certificate with a valid practicing certificate
• 5-7 years proven working experience as HR Manager or HR Executive
• In-depth knowledge of company policies, codes of practice and company operations
• Knowledge of Kenyan labor laws and best industry practices
• Possess good analytical, oral and writing skills
• Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment
• Working knowledge of HR systems and database software
• Excellent active listening and presentation skills
• Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
• People-oriented and results-driven
• Ability to work independently
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, follow the https://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/66ba3e641c21-human-resource-manager-horticulture ,quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.