- To supervise the production and plant health in an expanding business venture.
- Oversee budget planning and implementation for all production operations.
- Overall management and cost control of the operations.
- Introduce and uphold the requisite standards and certification; GlobalGAP, GRASP, SMETA and others.
- To ensure all production practices are carried out in line with applicable standards with the application of all specific recommendations.
- Enforce Company rules, procedures and policies.
Education and Professional Qualifications
- Degree in Horticulture or Agriculture, with at least seven (7) years of field management experience.
- Practical experience in growing blueberries and avocados.
- The candidate must have a sound knowledge of crop diseases, crop protection techniques and crop nutrition requirements. This will be tested extensively during the interview stage.
- A good understanding of the horticultural value chain including cold storage
- Good knowledge of farm certification for horticultural produce is required; GlobalGAP, SMETA (SEDEX) and other certification schemes.
- Good and proven administrative and management skills.
- Excellent people and Industrial Relations skills.
- High level of integrity.
- Self-Motivation, with the ability to motivate others.
- Good communication, data management, organisational and time-management skills.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, follow the https://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/76b8122341d3-farm-manager-horticultural-farming ,quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.