Our client, DPO Group is the leading online payment company across the continent who serves the travel, tourism and hospitality sector (with more sectors in the pipeline). They are leaders in technology, innovation, responsibility and leadership. Their company culture is modern and inspired. They are purveyors of advancing technology.
They are looking for a Treasury and Reconciliation Manager. S/he will be responsible for leading, managing and building the treasury function across the group, and to ensure that the reconciliation team is performing at the level required by DPO.
This position directly reports to the Head of Finance – DPO Africa.
Main Tasks – What to do
- Prepare and analyse the group cash flow position and movements.
- Daily settlement and cash flow management, along with forecasting the cash flow needs per country (per currency).
- Monitoring of bank rates & settlement practices to design an optimal processing structure to reduce costs and the settlement period – to be reported to the CFO on a monthly basis.
- Work alongside the development team to automate settlements and other tasks.
- Management of the reconciliation team, to ensure adherence to strict deadlines, accuracy of reports and settlements from banks (operational, clearing and escrow).
- Cost of sale and gross profit analysis per country, product and ensuring adherence to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Managing forex dealing with partners, logging these deals to ensure accuracy of gains & losses in line with International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Monitoring of the merchant cash advance product, to ensure adequate bad debt provision in line with our exposure, and ensuring all income is recorded accurately.
- Develop, train and manage team members reporting to this position.
- Assist and lead financial projects across Africa.
- Ensure the financial accounting system is updated accurately on a timely basis for above.
- Other ad hoc tasks allocated by the Group CFO.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Be a registered and active member of ICPAK.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance, accounting and related fields.
- Experience in forecasting, financial modelling and analysis combined with understanding of IFRS and cash flow management.
- Excellent excel skills.
- ERP accounting experience is preferred.
- Should be proactive with excellent problem solving skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Should possess excellent numeracy and analytical abilities.
- Should have excellent ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work within a larger team.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role. All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.