Our client, DPO Group is the leading online payment company across the continent who serves the travel, tourism and hospitality sector (with more sectors in the pipeline). They are leaders in technology, innovation, responsibility and leadership. Their company culture is modern and inspired. They are purveyors of advancing technology.
They are looking for a Strategic Project Manager. S/he will be response for managing all the strategic aspects of projects which includes specifying projects plans, timelines and scope definition, allocating resources and launch initiatives for all DPO projects. To ensure that all projects align with DPO strategic mission and objectives.
Job Description – How
- Develop and manage API’s between the integrations and other systems used by the key stakeholders
- Plan and direct all aspects of complex DPO projects including planning, scheduling, resourcing, risk assessment, cost/benefit analyses, change management, establishing milestones/final deliverables and overall costs
- Develop and foster relationships with key business stakeholders and work in partnership with development teams that support systems development and implementation. Lead stakeholder consultation process throughout the lifecycle of the project(s). Resolve and negotiate stakeholder conflict with diplomacy, to achieve results
- Determine business needs and requirements, negotiate project deliverables/schedules/costing for services from other departments within the IT function and across the entire organization.
- Develop and implement program and project plans (including change management and communication plans), in conjunction with clients, management, stakeholders and/or external consultants
- Track, monitor, and communicate project progress against the project plan, requirements, quality measures, standards, processes, and milestones. Ensure business requirements are being met and the current project plan reflects changes to scope, costs, etc.
Main Tasks – What to do
- Develop and implements strategic objectives, scope and deliverables for all strategic projects.
- Develop, maintain and manage a comprehensive project schedule.
- Develop and maintain project risk, issues, actions, decisions logs and project reporting.
- Estimate the strategic program/project resource levels (With Stakeholders input) required to successfully achieve the project goals.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential risks and support contingency planning.
- Collaborate in the planning of project management training workshop.
- Monitoring the processes and development of all the strategic projects
- Involve the strategic account manager in all the process in order to achieve all the sales goals.
- Grows long-term relationships with strategic partners to foster future partnership opportunities
- Champions change and effectively manages the implementation of new ideas
- Reinforces team approach throughout practice both on client projects and internal initiatives.
- Supports and solicits input from team members at all levels within the organization.
- To attend and participate in the Group Strategic Projects Forum
- Prepare, manage and oversee project schedules and budgets. Develop and evaluate options including time management for the project and allocated resources, as well as cost and risk assessments for project governance consideration and approval.
- Provide formalized, continuing work direction and leadership to assigned team(s). Define resource requirements and assist in selection of resources. Set performance expectations and monitor performance of resources. Provide feedback, coaching and mentorship to less experienced project managers and project team resources (internal technical or administrative staff, including consultants and contractors)
Key personal competencies (Who)
- Strategic in approach: understands and addresses inter-dependencies and real issues
- Clear definition of requirements (tested by real customer requirements) and timetables
- Experience managing key deliverables and milestones: on time/within budget/meeting business needs
- Ability to manage troubled teams/projects and bring them to success
- Proven experience with projects of similar size and scope
- Organised and efficient in work processes
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- Must have good understanding of mobile apps technology, products and integrations
- Certificate in Information Technology
- Ability to self-manage to meet deadlines
- Project management experience
- Knowledge of Asana project management tool is desirable.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Project, as well as other office productivity tools (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint, etc.)
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply follow the link below http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/d79836299cc5-strategic-project-manager, to upload your documentation.