Our client is one of the largest distributors of automotive batteries, power back up systems and solar systems installations in East Africa.
They They are looking for a Solar Sales Manager to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The job holder is expected to develop and execute strategic plans to achieve Solar PV sales targets and expand the customer base. Working broadly and collaboratively to achieve Solar PV growth across Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania through prospecting, identification and understanding of customer requirements, designing and providing the right solutions, relationship building and retention; ensuring expansion of renewable energy and creating sustainable market presence of their solar PV Systems.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include;
- Constantly scan for new credible sources of leads and sales opportunities for solar PV systems
- Leverage on existing network and expand our product reach and repeat business through relationship building and exceptional customer experience
- Identify, pre-qualify, and acquire prospects for the sale of large commercial Solar PV Grid-Tie projects
- Negotiate and structure Solar PV and Solar Integrated contract deals
- Act as key point of contact between client and the organisation in project implementation
- Continuously improve company’s large solar installation ecosystem including but not limited to financing partners, technical capability, project management etc.
- Target and contact key decision makers in large commercial enterprises, hotels/resorts etc., to create a need and present new project opportunities, propose specific sales contracts, obtain fully executed contracts for new projects, and achieve business development goals
- Develop and deliver high quality and professional Solar PV and Solar Water Heater (SWH) systems proposals to key decision makers in various sectors that builds confidence, generates excitement and creates results.
- Develop and cultivate long term relationships with prospective large commercial solar photovoltaic system consumers, government bodies, architectural, construction, engineering bodies and other related industries to help strengthen partnerships.
- Establish and nurture relations with leading PV developers, keeping up to date with what is new in the renewable energy sector worldwide.
- Represent the company at appropriate local and international forums, associations, trade shows/exhibitions, industry talks and other renewable energy platforms, updating management regularly
- Strengthen knowledge in solar and photovoltaic systems in the industry, new local/international trends, commercial/consumer trends, ensuring that you are constantly updated
- Ensure compliance with industry and relevant government bodies (ERC), for any renewable energy policy updates, product specs and requirements.
- Collaborate with technical team to properly coordinate project implementation, and operations support interface, and proactively address problems/customer issues, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Provide regular feedback to the management on market trends, competitive threats and opportunities to deliver greater value to our customers.
- Any other duties that may be delegated to you from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- University degree – business administration/Marketing/energy engineering (with a keen affinity for technical products).
- Experience in the energy industry strongly preferred
- Minimum 10 years of sales experience.
- Quick learner; capable of grasping the structure & intricacies of the energy business & markets
- High business acumen
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to build strong relations at C-Level
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information and adapting it to specific customers
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Strong relationship building skills with a high degree of responsiveness, reliability and integrity.
- Self-motivated with a persuasive, enthusiastic and client-centric focus
- Ability and willingness to travel is a must; frequent and regular visits to prospects and customers
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.