Our client is the leading logistics provider in East Africa. They provide complete turnkey logistics services to industries involved in Mining, Oil & Gas, Aid, Relief and Power/Infrastructure.
They require a Site Operations Manager for their new state of the art warehouse distribution center based at Tatu City, Thika District, Kenya. Initially the position will be a Project Management role to oversee the completion of the warehouse, currently under construction and thereafter run the operation and services in its entirety.
Duties and Responsibilities
To lead the start up for a new build 13,700 sqm racked, systems run facility in Ruiru, Thika district, Kenya prior to start of operations.
To oversee the racking installation, office fit out, MHE procurement and testing, WMS systems and testing, staff recruitment and to ensure full operational readiness for site ‘go live’. Once live to assume responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Distribution Centre, its customers and all aspects of its commercial effectiveness.
- P&L responsibility for circa $5m revenue
- Inventory Management (WMS) control & effectiveness
- Multi Customer relationship lead
- All site staff (estimated 70 heads)
- Management and Non-Management development, training and coaching.
- Interface with mother company transport
- Business Development activity in partnership with the mother company.
Five years leadership experience in a similar environment – large racked, multi-user, WMS run DC style warehouse with a large secondary transport interface.
Qualifications and experience.
- Project Management skills and disciplines are critical through the pre-start-up phase.
- Thereafter, strong leadership and commercial qualities to build and promote this facility (the first of its kind in East and Central Africa).
- You will have hands on experience within the DC industry and preferably start up experience of a similar nature. You will be an excellent man manager, and have experience in recruiting technically proficient staff that have relevant industry experience.
- You will have handled P&L’s within companies of a similar operational level. You are incredibly focused and detail orientated. Your customer facing skills are excellent. Strict adherence to SOP’s and a thorough drive for efficiency and streamlined operations are a strong requirement for the position.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.