Our client is an international hospitality company with a portfolio of independent luxury hotel properties in some of the world’s most desirable locations.
They are looking for a Sewage Treatment Plant Operator to be based at their 5* luxury hotel in Zanzibar. The incumbent will be required to operate, monitor and trouble shoot the waste water treatment facility and its processes. The work involves responsibility for the technical aspects of the plant operations, compliance with operating procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage plant operations as required and in compliance with regulations governing wastewater treatment process and sludge management
- Assist with the installation and inspection of new sewer lines and services
- Perform the installation, maintenance and repair of the physical plant and pump stations and all of their components
- Conduct the regular and unscheduled maintenance and repairs on all plant equipment and machinery
- Conduct necessary weekly checks of the treatment plan on rotating basis
- Maintain open communication with Chief Engineer regarding the treatment process and pumps operations and malfunctions as well as make recommendation for repairs and improvement to these systems
Qualification, Skills and Experience.
- Degree equivalent or Diploma in Environmental Science or Chemical Engineering
- Have a working knowledge of the operation, methods and procedures of a waste treatment plant.
- Have a working knowledge of the machinery used for wastewater treatment and pumping station
- Have a work experience in a similar role in a 5 star hotel will be a plus
- Willing to work in Tanzania
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.