Our client is a leading manufacturer of premium darts, dartboards and accessories, who export their products all over the world.
They are looking for a Technical Manager who has experience in Operations, General Management and/or Logistics Management. The Manager will assist in the running of the day-to-day operations within their production plant.
You will have excellent skills in coordinating logistics for all their imports and exports, have a keen attention to detail to ensure quality control on the final products and possess excellent people management skills as the plant employs 400+ staff of different cadres. Ideally, you will come from an engineering or manufacturing background as innovation and technology drive the business performance. You need to have good organisation and analytical skills, an entrepreneurial mind and wear a problem-solving attitude with a focus on being proactive rather than reactive. You need to be systems and efficiency driven, without losing a bird’s eye view on the business.
You will be based at their production office in Athi River, Kenya.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities
You will support and contribute to the successful running of the factory, with an input in to the following areas:
- Daily production schedule with measurable objectives for each department to which all staff adhere.
- Monitor production standards and ensure the established quality-control procedures are strictly carried out.
- Proactively communicate with the product development team to align product and production design.
- Inventory control of both raw materials and manufactured products using relevant stock control systems and procedures.
- Supply chain operations ensuring the smooth import of raw materials and export of finished products, with the aim of ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Company plant and equipment, establishing and executing regular maintenance procedures.
- Health, safety and security within the factory.
- Manage the 400+ staff comprising of different cadres, ensuring they are motivated and trained to effectively carry out their duties.
- The financial health of the business with a keen eye on the financial reports and the effect of strategic decisions on the overall business performance.
Person Specification, Qualifications and Skills
- Some management experience, preferably within the manufacturing sector.
- Strong organisational skills are paramount.
- A minimum of five years experience working in Africa is extremely important.
- Passionate about systems and procedures.
- Possess knowledge of production management, organisational and supply chain skills
- Strong problem solving, reporting and strategic planning skills
- Excellent man management skills
- A self motivated and hands on individual with good people skills who can mentor teams to bring them up to maximum efficiency
- Ability to be extremely flexibility and to multitask
- Forward thinking, and a natural problem solver. Excellent crisis management skills.
- A qualification in mechanical engineering is a great advantage, with solid and up to date knowledge of strategic production in engineering
- An independent individual who is enthusiastic, proactive and professionally creative
- An individual who upholds integrity and respects confidentiality
As this position is based in the EPZ Zone, Athi River, you will be required to live in the area, as the commute from Nairobi is too long and at times, you may have to visit the factory at odd hours.
Ex military, Engineers, Logistics, Operational, Supply Chain, Project Management candidates are encouraged to apply. The role will be adjusted to suit the most qualified candidate whose character fits with the company’s culture.
The company is a highly successful multinational business that is growing from strength to strength. It has been built by a group of down to earth entrepreneurial engineers. The team are switched on, hands on, business savvy, direct and honest. This is a family business where hard work is rewarded. Full training will be given.
You will be on your feet in the factory for most of the day, you need to be fit – this is not an office job. It’s fascinating, runs like clockwork and you need to be willing to come to work in casual clothes (no suits here!), roll up your sleeves and be very hands on. This is not an ‘ivory tower’ position.
It is important to note that this is a long-term position, not a 2-year contract.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.