Our client provides Integrated Crop Management solutions in Africa.
They are looking for a Senior Commercial Manager to be based in Naivasha, Kenya. S/he must be highly qualified & motivated individual who can easily travel to Europe and US and interface at a senior level with directors and growers of distributors and farming organisations and farmers as well as dealing with director level relationships in Kenya. The incumbent should be skilled, committed, self-driven and result oriented individual.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The individual will be responsible for overseeing the successful running of the commercial team in the company.
- Develop a coherent commercial strategy that supports the operational, procurement and commercial needs of the business.
- New business development – identifying and developing new external customer relationships.
- Facilitate external & internal customer visits to the farm
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A good agronomic knowledge in chemical, fertiliser & integrated pest management
- Flexible to spend a significant amount of time travelling both locally and abroad
- A team player
- Must uphold high levels of integrity and be honest
- Good Communication skills
- Fluency in 2nd language (Spanish, Dutch)
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong in building effective teams that apply diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Ability to work in cross-cultural settings.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.