Our client manages a portfolio of four luxury boutique camps and lodges in the finest locations in Kenya.
They are looking for a Sales Manager. The incumbent must have solid understanding of how the travel and tourism industry works and a proven track record of successfully driving team sales. They must be happy to deal with all aspects of sales and reservations, from taking an enquiry to management of the team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the sales and reservations team, guiding them on any day to day issues. Making decisions re reduced rate requests and variances to their policies and handle any tours, sales, reservations enquiries as needed.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to manage relationships with agents in regards to sales and reservations. Being available agents’ both local or international for issues with any bookings. Building relationships with new agents and keep in touch with top agents and tracking their productivity.
- Work with tours team to manage these relationships and grow their business
- Oversee third party contracting ensuring that Sales team has all rates, up to date and accurate in the CRM system and also that they are passed on to Travelogic (their booking system).
- Oversee the maintenance of an up to date list of commissions from third parties and ensure that this information is logged against the suppliers’ record in to CRM System.
- Develop the touring side of the business by introducing new products and building up itinerary content on the website.
- Help drive conversion rates by working with the team to assist with closing any sales and reservations as needed. Manage bonus payments in a timely manner being mindful of necessary checks which are required to be done before payment is actioned.
- Work with the operations manager and the camp managers to reply to any complaints in a professional and friendly way, involving directors where necessary.
- Keep track of leave and days off for the sales and reservations team and also handling any HR related issues involving the directors where necessary.
- Always act with the best interests of the company in mind.
Person Specification, Skills and Qualifications
- Must have at least 10 years in the luxury travel industry and with some of that time working in an international environment outside of Kenya
- Passionate about giving clients quality and friendly experience
- A keen eye to detail
- An open , proactive and committed individual
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
An attractive salary package is on offer dependent on skills, experience and qualifications.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.