Our client is a large scale grower and exporter of premium fresh produce in Kenya.
They are looking for a dynamic, motivated, reliable, tolerant, and determined Supply Chain Officer who has outstanding customer service skills to handle client relation management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Order management and client communication.
- Customer relationship management.
- Preparation and analyzing of sales reports and trends.
- Attend weekly sales meeting to present reports.
- Attend daily planning meeting to confirm daily activity.
- Maintain optimum communication and relation with clients.
- Initiate and develop a strong relationship with customers.
- Determine customers’ needs and collect customer feedback in relation to vegetable orders.
- Brief the senior management on any important matters arising from communication with clients.
- Promote new product, commercial trials and develop sales volume in kilos, prices and
- Prepare and discuss daily pack-plans with Planning Manager.
- Ensure customer has shipping documents and daily confirmation.
- Confirm previous day shipments were as per plan and advise clients of any difference.
- Send order confirmations to customers on a daily basis.
- Offer customer weekly availability including any extras.
- Liaise with clients on day to day adjustment on orders.
- Weekly crop walk to explore specific needs and anticipating new opportunities.
- Manage and develop local sales.
- To optimise quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
- Input new orders and any amendments into the computer system
- Ensure debtors list is in control and payment are regular.
- Generate weekly packaging requirements.
- Keep Ops Specs updated regularly.
- Keep computer system updated with prices, products and client details.
- Implement new IT system.
- Confirm space booking and send flight details to the pack house.
- Confirm quantities with documents team.
- Truck logistics- making sure trucks leave farm on time and arrive at airport at correct time.
- Liaise with pack house manager to allocate trucks daily to farms.
- Advise shipping agents on volumes for the next day.
- Monitor the claims sheet and ensure it is updated and discuss with Commercial Manager.
- Raise paperwork so claims can be signed off by commercial manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree in Business or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in local sales is essential.
- Should possess high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Should be able to handle the roles of a planning manager as and when required.
- Should have a clear force on quality.
- Must be very good with technology i.e. Ms Excel, whatsapp and emails.
- Experience in client relationship management is a MUST.
- Should have excellent strategic planning skills.
- Excellent communicator with strong verbal and written English.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.