Our client provides Integrated Crop Management solutions in Africa.
They are looking for a Technical Sales Lead, Agronomy. The primary purpose of this role will be working with the National Sales Force & Technical Support Manager to grow the business through provision of technical support to both existing and new clients, acquisition of new clients in Mt Kenya region, intelligence gathering on customers and competition, generating leads for possible sales, product positioning and follow-up sales activity including marketing of the products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To grow the Market share for the company in Mt Kenya region.
- Increase sales revenue of all the products by at least 10% year on year
- Reduction and management of the company’s debtors
- Design and formulate service contracts for clients for key pests and diseases management.
- Preparation of products sales budget for the following year
- Preparing product business plans and sales strategy for the region and submit to the National Sales Manager
- Maintain the cost of sales operations and ensuring effective use of motor vehicle by reducing maintenance cost.
- Maintain accurate customer database by resolving their complaints and updating their profiles
- Ensure all company rules and regulations are strictly followed
- Ensure 100% compliance to all the Health and Safety policies
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Ideally, you will be technically savvy within the Agronomy sector. You will have had a minimum of 5 years experience in a sales position, ideally within the floriculture, agriculture or horticulture industry. You will be able to prove your sales achievements and have a natural sales disposition.
Scientific/Technical, business strategic development, change orientation, relationships and communications, time management, planning, project management, sound judgement.
- Maintain and project a positive attitude, and foster the same in others.
- Work effectively as part of a team to achieve common goals
- Evaluate situations, identify problems, and exercise initiative and sound independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Excellent communication with all the staff as well as the customers
- Must uphold high levels of integrity and be honest
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Project management skills
- Business strategic development skills
- Ability to work in cross-cultural settings.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.