Our client is a large scale grower and exporter of premium fresh produce in Kenya.
They are looking for a QA Technical Manager who will provide leadership in the quality assurance department and ensure that the compliance regulations are met.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivery of key pack house work-streams to ensure quality is paramount.
- End to end assurance and customer focused decision making.
- Be the guardian of the company’s brand through the delivery of technical policies, KPIs and specifications.
- Ensure product integrity, safety & quality.
- Deliver safe, legal, ethical and successful products that meet the quality standards.
- Ensure there are daily product testing panels to drive and monitor the right quality consistently well.
- Ensure that all products comply with the relevant standards and legislation as required.
- Implement and control legal labelling and checking protocols.
- Keep abreast of competitor activity, industry and retail sector technical issues
- Design and optimise quality and technical systems.
- Support, coach and mentor the site technical & quality team.
- Conducting and reporting on food safety, quality and legality audits.
- Knowledge of ethical issues would be a great asset.
- Lead the preparation, submission and agreement of plans and budgets to continuously improve site standards and performance.
- Develop and deliver the technical business plan; continuously improving standards.
- Assessing supplier performance against a risk-based framework; technical audits and assessments all high risk suppliers annually.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree in Agronomy, Horticulture or other related industry.
- Experience in quality assurance and technical management with retailer auditing knowledge in the same industry.
- Keen eye for detail & thrive under pressure.
- Lead by example, confident, assertive with willingness to listen.
- Ability to work with within a team.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.