Our client is a large scale grower and exporter of premium fresh produce in Kenya.
They are looking for a Production Manager who has outstanding knowledge of crop production and the ability to have a firm grip of all growing matters on the farm. The Production Manager will be responsible for projections, yields, crop targets and production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and implementing the crop production programmes and harvest processes.
- Work with the head agronomist for all crop protection and nutrition programmes.
- Supervise farm operations such as cultivation, drilling, spraying, fertilising and irrigation.
- Control the production information and forecasts to meet markets demands and strategic plans.
- Manage propagation procedure, including plant ordering.
- Oversee and manage all produce quality issues and complaints pertaining to field production processes.
- Manage and take full control of the production process to ensure good quality and markets’ conforming products.
- Observe full levels of ethical, environmental and Food Safety standards.
- Understanding of internal audits on various standards like Global Gap, F2F, environmental audits.
- Preparation and facilitation of various farm schedules like audit schedules, field testing, analysisschedules, staff training schedules.
- Monitoring and confirming farm planting programmes to meet the commercial requirements.
- Allocate crops to plant in different sites depending on the climatic conditions.
- Develop picking structures in the fields.
- Build up skilled workforce for the field production units through recruitment and training.
- Prepare and review job descriptions for field staff.
- Managing a team of pickers and field workers.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree inAgronomy, Horticulture or other related field.
- 5 years + experience in the industry as a Production Manager or Assistant Production Manager with responsibility for all production activities.
- Should have excellent strategic planning skills.
- Must have strong communication skills.
- Should have the ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be process driven, self-motivated, develop and work as part of a team and possess strong management, organisational and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge in usage and handling of agricultural equipment, chemicals and fertilizers.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.