Our client operates within the luxury hospitality sector in regional Africa.
They are looking for a highly qualified and efficientPersonal Assistant to be based in Nairobi, Kenya. S/he will be responsible for managing the CEO’s calendar and other office duties.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Organisation and management of the CEO’s calendar and scheduling of meetings.
- Serving as both a point of contact for the Executive; ensuring the Executive’s time is focused on the highest value activities and business issues.
- Organise and manage the Executive’s travel itinerary.
- Helping the Executive identify items that can be delegated, where time allocation should be changed and coordination of the delegated items.
- Attending certain meetings as a proxy for the Executive.
- Supporting the Executive in creating key documents thereby effectively managing external and internal communication.
- Drafting and finalising of contracts and agreements within the organisation.
- Managing follow up of communication and action items for meetings, partnerships, and key relationships.
- Managing key partner relationships.
- Providing an independent perspective and acting as a sounding-board, with a strong truth-seeking bias.
- Shadow internal meetings, identifying areas for operational improvement.
- Having a 360-degree view of the business and briefing the Executive regularly on updates across the company.
- Status tracking and updates of quarterly departmental targets.
- Ensure that each strategic initiative of the business has a clearly defined owner and goal.
- Create and manage the mechanisms for tracking and informing the Executive of the status of these initiatives and ensuring follow up on outstanding action items against them.
- Recommendation of action plans on tasks given.
- Facilitate cross departmental and cross-company collaboration and communication.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant field; MBA is preferred
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience. Experience in the tourism industry is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a good level of planning and execution of medium range and long term strategic plans.
- Demonstrated capability to develop and maintain effective work relationships within the organisation.
- Proven ability to conduct research, analysis, organise findings and build presentations.
- Flexible to travel when needed.
- Excellent judgement.
- Trustworthiness- confidentiality is key for this role.
- Ability to multi-task shifting priorities and problem-solve creative solutions with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to comfortably dive into any area of the business or product as and when required.
- Ability to remain calm and objective in a high-pressure environment
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs and easily adapt to competing priorities.
Benefits and Remuneration
An attractive salary package is on offer dependent on skills, experience and qualifications
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role. Follow the link below to apply, http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/5e09427e27ed-personal-assistant,quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.