Our client is a large scale grower and exporter of premium fresh produce in Kenya.
They are looking for a Pack House Manager who will be responsible for all pack house production operations within the business, driving performance, productivity and embracing innovation and change as the company strives to become the service provider of choice to all customers, both present and new.
The incumbent will be expected to demonstrate commitment and loyalty and perform all duties in accordance with the organisation’s office routines and procedures, keeping in mind the overall business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the sorting, packing and labelling of all products. All products must be packed with strict adherence to food safety policies, customer specifications and company packing protocols.
- Manage the staffing of all Pack house operations. This includes ensuring staff training in the correct procedures and policies for their role and operational efficiency.
- Work alongside HR to control all aspects of labour; recruiting, training and retaining staff.
- Partner with finance to manage the purchasing process and inventory control for all packaging required in order to meet organisational and customer specifications. This includes communication with the commercial department about any issue(s) that could result in packaging shortages or surpluses.
- Work closely with the appropriate departments to ensure the food, health and safety programs are strictly followed and efficiently maintained.
- Monitor shift effectiveness, review daily and weekly KPI’s and ensure continuous improvement activities.
- Provide sound leadership and direction in the pack house ensuring quality product output, accuracy and consistency in pack house processes and documentation.
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports to the General Manager and Commercial Manager.
- Build and implement best practice policies and principles within the department.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Must be a graduate from a recognised university, preferably in an agricultural related discipline or have experience in lieu of.
- Must have minimum of 7 years’ experience in managing a perishable pack house(s). Experience & qualifications in lean manufacturing – e.g. Kaizen is desirable.
- Must have excellent management experience and the ability to efficiently manage a semi skilled labour force.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must have good numerical and planning skills.
- Must be self-disciplined, a team player, honest and of high integrity.
- High levels of energy and able to motivate and coordinate others.
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision while meeting the set targets & deadlines.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, follow the link below http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/c9590f67c749-packhouse-manager, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.