Our client is a large scale grower and exporter of premium fresh produce in Kenya.
They are looking for a Packhouse Assistant Manager who will assist in the operations of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivery of key pack house work-streams to ensure quality is paramount.
- Monitor and maintain quality specifications of lines of produce from allocation to production line, through to the supply to marketer.
- Ensure that all packhouse policies & procedures are adhered to by staff and the production line
- Implement the pack plan instructions from the Packhouse manager are ensure these are followed.
- Ensure that all data for grower line reporting is completed accurately and passed on to the data team for compilation.
- Through a specified maintenance plan/checklist ensure that all machinery within the plant is properly maintained and in optimum working order.
- Work with the Employment Officer to ensure the line is adequately resourced with staff.
- Ensure all supervisors are properly trained and that they train their respective teams.
- Ensure all Health & Safety and Food Safety standards and policy are adhered to.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree in Agronomy, Horticulture or other related industry.
- A good understanding of numerical or financial information.
- Good knowledge of working with MS Office.
- Data Analysis: Experience extracting useful information and translating it into actionable objectives.
- People Management: Experienced in best practice HR, managing people effectively in order to achieve business objectives.
- Awareness of health and safety legislative requirements, and experience in the implementation of the same.
- Industry Knowledge is a MUST.
- Should be self-driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and has underlying concern for doing things better.
- Team player: Able to work effectively with others to achieve an optimal outcome.
- Should be able to communicate clearly and effectively and at the appropriate level with various types of people.
- Can articulate a common vision and provide others with a sense of direction.
- Problem solving skills, should be able to identify issues and generate multiple explanations and solutions.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.