Our client is a consultancy company that changes cultures inside organisations by focusing on their brand promise. They operate in Europe, America and Africa. They have an online behavior change platform, which they are selling to a wide range of businesses in East Africa
They are looking for an Organisational Culture Change Coach – Trainee who will be responsible for facilitating, encouraging and reporting progress on culture change tasks allocated to (Client) Change Teams within their Client Companies. This will ensure objectives of their Culture Transformation Programmes are achieved within agreed timescales.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding the Culture Transformation Programme (CTP) objectives, milestones, timelines and key measures that the company has been contracted to deliver for each assigned client. Being the single point of reference for up-to-date progress information.
- Facilitating timely progress against agreed objectives for our (Client) Change Teams. Demonstrating and modelling a ‘can do’ attitude and minimising the impact of unwanted office politics, bureaucracy or negative behaviours. Working closely with (Client) Change Teams and Change Ambassadors in their own workplaces: coaching them to find success
- Creating positive and productive relationships with (Client) staff and management. Becoming their ‘go to person’ for help and guidance on achieving their change objectives. Prioritising face-to-face engagement and live online chat over email and formal correspondence. Building a conversation. Making change processes safe and enjoyable.
- Reporting progress on assigned Culture Transformation Programmes (CTP) at the company’s monthly case meetings and regular Client meetings, using agreed templates. Looking for opportunities to deploy other company services to help their Clients to transform (cf. Wellness & Coaching; Compaso; Skills Training). Promoting CTP progress on (Client) Intranets and other public forums/spaces within their organisations.
- Championing success and learning from failure so that the company gets better at Culture Transformation with each assignment. Making their Clients famous, so that they too can be famous. Surprising and delighting our senior Clients.
Education and Experience:
- Educated to degree level, ideally with some exposure to marketing, organisational culture and/or psychology. Overseas work experience may be an advantage. Jobholder should demonstrate a keen interest in why people do things and how they can be persuaded to change their behaviour for the better.
- At least 2 years in full time employment with good references.
- Must have worked inside an organisation large enough to have a discernible culture, and to have seen the way good culture accelerates or bad culture impedes success
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must be capable of communicating through: Well written e-mails and e-mailers
- Must be persistent, confident, tolerant and reliable
- Must be intelligent
- Must possess excellent people skills
PS; Physical work environment, including travel frequency in the ordinary course of duty
Approximately 50% of the time will be spent in client premises, where the jobholder must understand the company values, brand and behave accordingly. Regular travel by road means that the jobholder is required to be a safe, competent, licenced car driver. Occasional travel by air/rail and taking overnight accommodation within Kenya/East Africa will require the jobholder to act prudently and behave professionally at all times.
Initially this position will be a part time job – (16 hours per week) or 2 days per week
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.