Our client provides innovative business solutions in different business sectors especially in support of the energy, extractive (mining/oil and gas) and construction industries.
They are looking for an Office Manager to be based at their office in Karen, Nairobi to coordinate web based interface with all the other departments in the global offices. The Office Manager role is central to the effective operation of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing fixed assets is an integral part of this role.
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment and resource procurement.
- Book trips and manage staff travel.
- Build SharePoint depository in the Nairobi office.
- Management of book keeping.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures, measuring results against standards and making necessary adjustments.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analysing special reports, summarising information and identifying trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Managing usage and replenishment of office petty cash.
- Maintain office services by organising office operations and procedures, controlling correspondences, designing filing systems, reviewing and approving supply requisitions, assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Understand the input required and advise the CEO on such matters.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience as an Office Manager or Administrator in a similar set up.
- Excellent command of English language.
- Highly competent individual who takes initiative.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint and Office 365
- Experience with Salesforce CRM is key for this role.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Exemplary planning and time management skills.
- A strategic and creative thinker who thinks out of the box.
- Diligent and accurate with a strong attention to detail.
- Structured and systematic in their work.
- Highest integrity; utterly trustworthy and able to keep confidential information confidential.
- Self-starter; able to anticipate needs and take action without needing detailed instructions.
- Agile; able to multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Flexible; able to adapt in a changing environment
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.