Our client owns 10 luxury suites, located in a conservancy on the border of the Masai Mara National Reserve.
They are looking for a Lodge Manager to help in management of the lodge.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Top notch hosting of all the clients and ensuring all their needs are met to their satisfaction.
- Direct, coordinate and oversee the day-to-day operations of the lodge.
- Production and submission of weekly and monthly management reports on all aspects of running the lodge.
- Overseeing all food & beverage functions.
- Responsible for procurement, administration and logistics of all lodge supplies.
- To effectively manage and develop all staff at the lodge.
- Attention to detail with regard to checking standards of rooms and buildings prior to and during client stay.
- Maintain and improve cost effective operations and assist with existing systems and procedures.
- General safety and protection of all guests, staff, property and equipment.
- Ensure the rooms and décor are well set and schedule the maintenance and replacement of the same.
- Exercise and implement cost saving measures and preparation of the lodge budget.
- Reservation liaison and reporting in conjunction with the reservations and ground handling office.
- Assist in overall management and budget reporting and improving established reporting templates.
- Maintain standard operating procedures on emergencies along with protocols for dealing with guest or host illness and or accidents.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all client specific information.
- Adhere to a professional code of conduct.
- Attend staff and other meetings as specified by the Directors.
- Ability to put in place action plans in the short term that will ensure the lodge operations continue to move forward.
- Monitoring and contributions towards social media outlets such as Facebook and TripAdvisor
Person Specification and Qualifications
- Self-driven individuals with stamina and a mentality to produce professional standards in a challenging remote environment
- Must have come from a Corporate Hospitality background
- Must be able to work in remote areas
- Social and open minded individuals with a great personality
- Pay attention to detail and are customer focused
- Possess good people management skills and are able to lead a strong diverse workforce.
- Knowledge in maintenance and repairs
- Proven ability in report writing and general administrative duties
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in resorts management and operations in high end lodges within East Africa
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, experience and qualification
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.