Our client is a marketing and distribution agent for foreign agricultural products.
They are looking to recruit a Specialty Fertilizers – Line Manager to manage the development activities of all products/varieties in the local market.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Select, handle and follow up the development of new specialty fertilizers and conduct trials at farmers’ plots with and through the SP technical line manager.
- Define and implement an annual trials plan in order to evaluate current and future SF nutrition portfolio.
- Build up a network with growers and farmers who will accommodate these trials.
- Submit the final trials reports and the recommendations to the Assistant General Manager and share it with SF Line Manager after data collection and gathering.
- Submit trials results to respective suppliers.
- Promote new selected specialty fertilizers in the local market by distributing samples to TCPs and to key farmers in coordination with the Sector Sales Manager.
- Visit key farmers and dealers to check on the trials’ results and to promote the new specialty fertilizers in coordination with Technical Commercial Promoters (TCPs) and Sector Sales Managers.
- Prepare technical handouts, posters, brochures and specialty fertilizers catalogues for the products and write technical publications and reports.
- Organise and conduct monthly meetings with the Sector Sales Managers and TCPs to check on the work flow.
- Participate in the preparation of the specialty fertilizers forecast for the 3 sectors and agree with concerned Sector Sales Managers on the final forecast.
- Collaborate with the Sector Sales Managers to reinforce the focus of TCPs on SF sales.
- Prepare the specialty fertilizers’ order plan for the whole year per supplier in coordination with the General Manager.
- Follow up the SF orders’ confirmation with the Logistics Assistant.
- Prepare, in coordination with the Assistant General Manager, the specialty fertilizers’ marketing plan by area and discuss it with the sector Sales Managers and the TCPs.
- Prepare marketing studies of surrounding markets (East African markets) and share it with the Regional Line Manager to ensure optimal marketing data.
- Follow up the implementation of the marketing plan in all area.
- Prepare market studies and analysis for the products and communicate with suppliers in coordination with the concerned sector Sales Manager.
- Prepare the yearly specialty fertilizers’ budget.
- Suggest to the Assistant General Manager prices for the new specialty fertilizers.
- Follow up on the achievement of agreed forecasts with the Sector Sales Managers and recommend corrective measures in case of deviation.
- Discuss new products introduction with the Assistant General Manager, the relevant Sector Sales Manager and the Regional Line Manager.
- Is responsible of the technical training of newly recruited TCPs.
- Ensure that all the products received are in good condition and have a high quality standard.
- Follow up with Sector Sales Managers the possible claims concerning the technical quality of the products and help in the resolution of the possible related problems.
- Ensure that the specialty fertilizers samples requested from different specialty fertilizers companies arrive on time.
- Handle and ensure the registration of the specialty fertilizers at the Ministry of Agriculture, CRI, KTDA, KEBS, and KEPHIS among others and according to local legislations.
- Develop new product commercialization process to position experimental products for successful delivery to the market.
- Report the results of the tests and recommend which product to progress to commercial stage.
- Handle the preparation of the products labels according to the official norms and regulations.
- Ensure all labels are frequently reviewed and updated according to the local and international rules and regulations.
- Must have a strong commercial acumen with a full understanding of the business environment
- Keen to seek information and gathering relevant data
- Must be results and action oriented
- Must have strong team leadership, with the ability to delegate and follow-up
- Must be customer centric
- Possess good organisational and time management skills
- Must have strong written and communication skills with excellent report writing, data handling and data interpretation skills
- Degree in Agriculture with specific emphasis on crop nutrition
- Must have at least 7 – 10 years’ experience with:
- Excellent knowledge in fertilizers technicalities
- Excellent knowledge of the competitors’ products
- Experience in trials management and development
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.