Our client is in the manufacturing industry geared towards provision of motor vehicle parts.
They are looking for a Human Resource and Administration manager will be responsible for the effective and consistent coordination and implementation of HR processes, functions and procedures; in addition to providing guidance and strategic leadership in the administration of Human Resource for a rapidly growing manufacturing concern.
The incumbent will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Main Duties and Responsibilities include;
- Receiving products from the factory and ensure proper arrangement and storage.
- Understand and implement initiatives under the strategic plan, which enhance the HR function of the organization.
- Develop and foster a value based, innovative and engaged culture that respects diversity; ensuring productivity, efficiencies and safety of all employees.
- Identify, develop, and utilize ICT tools and processes to ensure a culture that embraces automation through innovation, and enhance learning-based organization with a continuous improvement process methodology.
- Direct the application of Human Resource policies, processes, programs, practices and procedures throughout the organization.
- Identify resource gaps, organize and execute the Human Resource planning and recruitment process, resulting in matched skills to right jobs, ensuring an efficient and cost-effective inflow of quality people to support the business.
- Draw and retain a succession plan for all key positions from a pool of talent to meet the organization current and future human resource needs. Identify, plan and implement relevant training and development for the team.
- Constantly review the performance management framework/process, ensuring the appraisal system is relevant and measurable for all levels within the organization.
- Continuously drive efficiency improvement initiatives to support the culture of Get it right – the first time, ensuring high levels of output in a cost-effective way and quality competitive.
- Nurture the well-being of our employees and support the Head of departments whilst providing a pro-active approach to service delivery for operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Coordinate and lead the employee engagement survey process, build an action plan to address areas of concerns, and implement such plans within the organization.
- Manage and monitor all outsourced services which include transport of staff, raw materials and finished products, staff meals, security, cleaning services and other areas within your jurisdiction.
- Oversee industrial relations to minimize risk of the company, build positive rapport with related union/representatives and represent employees to foster a collaborative working environment.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions, advising management and necessary.Ensure all company policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Champion strong retention of high performers and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) with a major in Human Resources Management or Industrial/Labour Relations is preferred.
- HR professional membership and certification; IHRM practicing certificate is an added advantage.
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years Human Resources experience in the manufacturing industry is paramount.
- Experience in CBA and Labour relations.
- In-depth knowledge of Labour Laws and HR best practice.
- A strategic thinker, able to develop long term strategies for the people in the business.
- High levels of personal confidence.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Good problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Competent in building and effectively managing interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- Knowledgeable in environmental, safety and health practices.
- Knowledge of ISO and Kaizen an added advantage.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.