Our client operates a 5* boutique hotel in Kigali, Rwanda.
They are looking for a Hotel Operations Manager. The incumbent will principally be responsible for the operational performance of the Hotel and assist in the direction and control of Front Office, Housekeeping & Laundry Operations, Gardening and Maintenance departments in a smooth and efficient manner. The incumbent will provide a safe and orderly environment for both guests and team members and maximise guest experience. In addition, analyse procedures of the different departments in order to maximise productivity and quality and meet or exceed all financial targets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adhere to standards and operating procedures as outlined in the housekeeping and front desk department manuals.
- Maintain an inspection program for all hotel areas, public areas, and guest rooms, and conducts inspections daily to ensure high quality of cleanliness.
- Ensure every room is inspected before a guest is checked into the room.
- Maintain the approved preventative maintenance program on all guest rooms, guest areas and department equipment.
- Oversee the approved departmental training program to ensure all Team Members are properly trained to their assigned task.
- Ensure all Team Member performance appraisals are completed in a timely manner and appropriate feedback is administered.
- Approve and is proficient in scheduling for all departments of responsibility.
- Adhere to, interpret, support, and explain established company policies and procedures as well as applicable local, state, federal and other regulatory procedures.
- Develop, implements, maintains, and monitors an effective team member relations program through effective communication.
- Foster and maintains positive team member relations in a supportive environment and interfaces with other departments to ensure a harmonious working relationship.
- Hire, train, coach, assess and review the job performance of subordinates including both non-exempt and exempt team members.
- Maintain a high level of professional appearance, demeanor, ethics, and image of self and subordinates.
- Conduct and attends all regular departmental meetings as well as other related meetings.
- Complete necessary reports in a timely manner to meet deadlines.
- Keep abreast of occurrences within Hotel Operations and oversee completion of all details, duties, and functions relating to the Hotel.
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- University Degree preferably within the hospitality industry or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
- A minimum 3 years of experience working within a similar position is essential.
- Strong commercial acumen, preferably with experience in Food and Beverage
- Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results
- Must be extremely well presented, keen eye for detail and quality covering all aspects of the hotel.
- Must have a ‘hands on’, practical mentality, be self-driven and very motivated
- Possess a ‘think out of the box’ mentality and have good situational awareness skills.
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high level of perform and exceed targets
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings, overnight shifts, weekends, and holidays.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.