Our client owns and manages various luxury safari properties in East Africa.
They are looking for a Head of Tours, Luxury Hospitality to be based in Nairobi, Kenya. She/he will be responsible for organizing, planning and conducting long distance expeditions, travel, and tours for high end clients. She/he will also manage the tours department.
You should be a competent leader, able to provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner which incorporates the company’s vision and culture.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Managing the entire tour life cycle.
- Management of tours while clients are in the country
- Making international phone calls to clients and convert enquiries into sales.
- Handling post-safari follow-up & after sales service.
- Work closely with the sales team to increase revenue for the company.
- Track and manage the overall travel policy
- Compilation and oversight of the full itineraries.
- Liaison with property reservations offices, flight operators, taxis and other service providers.
- Oversee all financial aspects of the department such as invoicing clients and keeping the accounts department informed of all invoices sent and payments due, keeping clear records of the expected and actual income and costs for all tours. This also includes liaising with the accounts team to make sure income and expenses are correctly allocated for the production of the P&L reports.
- Train and manage the tours and sales teams.
- Keeping a record of all historical tours and client contact details.
- Development of promotional material in conjunction with the marketing department.
- Examine and develop more efficient and effective methods that will improve the performance of key business functions.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in tourism management or a related field.
- Any additional certification related to traveling and tourism will be considered as an advantage.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years in a similar capacity.
- Must possess strong relationship building and sales skills from tours and travel perspective.
- Possesses a good level of interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Have sound organisational, leadership and resource management skills with an ability to prioritise work activities.
- Outstanding communication abilities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to work within a strong dynamic team.
Benefits and Remuneration
An attractive salary package is on offer dependent on skills, experience and qualifications
To apply, follow the link below to apply, http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/2c7e0730926d-manager-safari-planning, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted