Our client owns and manages various luxury safari properties in East Africa.
They are looking for a Head of Strategic Marketing to be based in Nairobi, Kenya. S/he will be responsible for oversight of the development and implementation of the overall marketing strategy within the Group.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Oversee the development and delivery of a fully integrated, realistic yet innovative marketing strategy for the group.
- Providing guidance to the marketing departments by evaluating the implementation of the marketing strategies to achieve organisational objectives.
- Contribute to the overall development and implementation of the marketing plan as a member of the Senior Management Team and oversee team management to ensure that the marketing activities developed contribute to the over-arching objectives of the group as a whole.
- Work with senior staff and other staff to develop and maintain a strategic perspective based on marketplace needs and satisfaction to ensure the overall vitality of the group.
- Create team deliverables which develop the effectiveness of the marketing strategy.
- Develop, implement and monitor systems and procedures necessary to ensure the smooth operation of the marketing function.
- Provide expert advice to department heads on the implementation of the marketing strategy in their various capacities.
- Manage and develop the internal and regional communications strategy by effectively working with the marketing teams across the group.
- Oversee market channel development activity by establishing marketing objectives and goals.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Analyse and control the marketing department expenditure to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Develop the establishment of policies and systems to support the implementation of the overall marketing strategy.
- Ensure articulation of organisation’s desired image and position, assure consistent communication of image and position throughout the group.
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Master’s degree in a Marketing or experience in lieu of.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a strategic position within the Travel and Tourism industry with 5 years at a senior management level. Proven experience in a similar role is
- Must be a practiced strategic thinker who has a clear vision of the objectives of the group.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key strategic partners in the industry.
- Commitment to working with shared leadership and in cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Possesses a good level of interpersonal skills.
- Have sound organisational, leadership and resource management skills with an ability to prioritise work activities.
Benefits and Remuneration
An attractive salary package is on offer dependent on skills, experience and qualifications
To apply, follow the link below to apply, http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/bb290e294a6b-head-of-strategic-marketing, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted