Our client manufacturers corrugated cartons.
They are looking for a Head of Sales to be based in Nairobi, Kenya. S/he will be responsible for managing a sales team to success and building, developing, and maintaining customer relationships within East Africa, while achieving an assigned sales and profit growth goal.
You will be responsible for forging strong customer relationships and creating growth plans together with our customers in order to deliver sustainable growth across the category.
You will identify and commercialise opportunities within existing customers as well as at new customers and prospects; This will involve gathering and developing meaningful category insights through collaboration with Customer Service and Production.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver the sales strategy and budget (Volume, Value and Gross Margin)
- Secure and develop business opportunities and commercialise those projects for existing and new custome
- Use the Company’s value propositions to ensure a sustainable and balanced development of customer portfolios
- Build meaningful insights from competitor intelligence and market dynamics (customer and consumer trends, market development).
- Drive and manage project pipeline opportunities to deliver short and long-term growth, all in close collaboration with Product Manage
- Build a strong customer network as well as manage complex DMU’s(Decision-Making Unit) and various stakeholders from different functions (Research & Development, Marketing, Supply Chain, Purchasing)
- Provide regular and accurate rolling forecasts as part of the Sales & Operations process
- Develop an extensive network within the category with customers and relevant players
- Drive knowledge sharing and communication, particularly between departments in the organisation in order to align commercial and technical perspectives
- Successfully use the available tools (ERP,Abacca) to manage the business
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Sales experience developed in an international packaging company with a focus on customers in East Africa
- Thorough knowledge and experience in identifying sales opportunities, negotiating and developing customer relationships
- Project management experience in a complex environment working in cross- functional teams
- Track record of developing sustainable sales plans that drive margin, volume, sales and budget growth
- Knowledge of packaging applications and dependencies in horticulture & vegetable categories
- Knowledge of packaging market drivers
- Familiar with CRM systems and able to use them for daily sales and account management
- Results oriented: drives budget, has a winning and a ‘can do’ attitude
- Tenacious and a strong negotiator
- Business acumen: understand business and is a dealmake Understands the company’s business needs and translates into profitable customer solutions
- Customer oriented: understand customer needs and developme Is able to provide evidence of building long term relationships that drive growth for the customer and for the company
- Teamwork: able to work in an international environment and team of different disciplines (product management, technical service, customer marketing, finance)
- Self-starter: is able to work from home and set own priorities, motivating yourself and successfully managing internal meetings via conference and video calls
- Flexibility: Adapts well to a continuously changing environment, internal and externa
- Able to travel through the region as required
- Efficiently and effectively sees a project through to the end
- First class relationship building skills
- Team player who sees the bigger picture.
An attractive salary is on offer dependent on experience, skills and qualifications.
To apply, please follow the link below http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/7a88e2782317-head-of-sales.