Our client is a world-leading wildlife protection, research and conservation organisation devoted to securing a future for animals.
They are looking for a Head of Fundraising (Maternity Cover position for 18 Months) to oversee all communication with donors and manage the organisation’s growing database of international supporters. The incumbent will be based at their headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya.
You will have the overall responsibility for managing the wide network of relationships that enable the organisation’s work, designing fundraising campaigns, and planning bi-annual fundraising trips.
You’ll need to be motivated and professional, with a desire to work in a collaborative, diverse and team-oriented culture.
You’ll be innovative and open-minded, sometimes with short deadlines while staying calm and personable in a dynamic environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of fundraising activities designed to maintain existing support and recruit new donors, developing meaningful, long-term relationships between them and the organisation in order to achieve or exceed annual income targets.
- Write funding applications to charitable trusts and foundations, and donor reports.
- Plan and coordinate fundraising campaigns, tours and donor events, internationally, online and within Kenya.
- Manage data on donations via the organisation’s CRM database (Salesforce), complying with UK Data Protection legislation and standards relating to fundraising.
- Develop new fundraising ideas and opportunities for income generation.
- Maintain good working knowledge of principle issues in elephant conservation and the organisation’s programmes in order to be able to represent them.
- A fundamental understanding of donors and the ability and desire to steward complex relationships.
- A minimum of three years’ experience of fundraising in the charity sector.
- An undergraduate degree.
- Exemplary communication skills, both written and oral.
- Solid experience with a Customer Relationship Management software package such as Salesforce.
- Highly organized, motivated and professional.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate in and enjoy a collaborative, team-oriented culture. Willingness to work at all levels.
- Ability to multitask, and to remain calm and deliberate under conditions of pressure.
- Strong networking and people management skills.
- Flexibility to travel.
- An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role. Follow the link below to apply, http://by-appointment-africa.breezy.hr/p/d0b2b82af40d-head-of-fundraising, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.